www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Update 18-MAY-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Update 18-MAY-06 Reply with quote

I wanted to bring everyone up to date on what's going on with the production:

I've been working hard on the masters for the Lewis-Gun, and I've attached some pics of the latest progress. My goal is for us to have a blaster assembly party sometime this Summer. The receiver and stock sections will be cast in resin, and bolted together, the barrel will be off-the-shelf PVC drain pipe, with some resin bits attached. My thinking here is we all might want one, plus we would want to see a rack of these things, and use them as part of a battle field equipment. I'm also working on a smoking/glowing version that will basically be an overheat and meltdown effect. Stay tuned for more details on that! Also, the MG-15, like Heath's BFG is also in the works, as is a master for the RFT blasters. The goal here will be so that we can mass produce them easily. For everyone that has an RFT helmet, try to get the Navy work shirts, black BDU, boots, and gray pants, and maybe we can do a scene this Summer! Between Herb and I, we have enough RFT costume parts for an additional one or two Rebel Fleet Trooper, but I'd like for everyone that has a helmet to get outfitted, and I'll provide the RFT blasters! I think Herb and I did this whole costume including the boots for $75 or less! The cheap $14 boots are once again available, and the rest of that costume is easy enough to do. http://www.tk560.com/fleettrooper.html for sources.

Also, I've been working on the X-wing helmet decals. http://www.tk560.com/Decal-Images/ . You can use them if you want, [please don't redistribute them] or make your own. I'm still working on the visors, and trying to get a design for use in the film. I'm still leaning towards some variation on the Red-Leader style helmet design with the 'rising sun' graphics. Lots of variations and loads of fun designing our own. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/AlderaanGirl/20040126.jpg is a rare deleted scene of a female pilot from Return of the Jedi, and note her helmet. Almost the same logo as the one on Luke's Training helmet.

Here are some I found online: http://tk560.com/X-wingRefs/ Some are very custom looking and are very nicely done. Some not so nice. I like the weathered look IMHO. I hope to have a visor mold done this next weekend. Who knows, a PETG version may be ready before you know it. Also, a 1/6th scale X-wing, one that can be taken apart and used as a forced perspective set-piece will need to be looked into building. If I can ever get all the props and costumes done, Clint Fultner and I are interested in tackling that project. Speaking of set pieces, the X-wing cockpit and the Star Destroyer communication's room need to be explored, designed, and a location housed for construction and filming. If anyone has a spare room, or a garage that can do this, please let me know. I'm out of room!

Heath is working on a way to make authentic looking X-wing flack vests, and ejection straps. Everyone that has an X-wing helmet might want to send some change Heath's way if you want him to try and make you a vest and E-straps for you!

Also for the rest of the costume here is the general reference for our needs on the film. http://www.echobaserebels.com/reference/xwingcostume/ . Meeting these costume standards will keep the quality up, and ensure that the costume looks good on screen, AND, will allow you to register on the Rebel Legion club. Plus the cost of the the orange jump suits are $21.50 vs. anything else I have found. To save on shipping we should all decide to do a group buy. Let me know soon who is interested.

I'm putting the Endor Commando costume on hold for now. Just too much going on, and I think my time will be better spent finishing up some projects as opposed to starting another one! It will happen, just not anytime soon.

Clint Fultner has been making some great progress on his RFT helmet, and X-wing helmet, and we got Clint Hanna's Trooper suit done. It is my understanding that Clint Hanna is planning some test footage later this Summer in a fight scene between a Trooper and an X-wing pilot. Clint Hanna also took the time to make an animatic using the storyboards Larry did, and movie soundtrack, and his own voice over. Fun, and it really helps with the dialog to hear it spoken.

In other news, Heath found a great water tank that I'll want to try and use for the high-vac conversion on the vac-table. More details to follow, but one of my projects this summer is to finally put Tony's pump into action, now that I have a tank to work with. Rumor has it, I can use a 23 gallon tank with a 24x24 inch forming platen, so I should be good to go! Anyone want to help me figure the plumbing out?

Herb is in merry old England for a few weeks, so I wanted to wish him 'safe journeys' and to let him know I have his helmet almost done.

Well, I guess thats about it for now. I'd like to say thanks to everyone that has stuck with me this far on this project. Can you believe that on May 18, it was a year ago when we did the EPIII premiere? WOW, how time has flown by. I think we look better now than ever before.

TTYL

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: