www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Cupcake by Makerbot 3D printer - DIY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Injection Moulding & Other Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Cupcake by Makerbot 3D printer - DIY Reply with quote

From another link, talking about propellers,

http://www.makerbot.com/

A DIY desktop 3D printer. Cool that it uses ABS to make the parts, the kits are less than $1000, and most of the software is open source. Downside is the size of an object it can print. 4x4x6 inches.

Still, very cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JoeP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maker Bot is a cleaned up RepRap. It is a good DIY printer for the price. I have seen a few in person but have not been able to make anything on one yet. When/If I get a 3D printer I will more then likely go with the RepRap Mendel, it is going to be a little more work but they say you can get one built for a little over $500 and has a printing area of 8X8X5.5 so it is a little better.

www.reprap.org

-Joe
papajay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was learn the reprap printer years ago, unfortunately several parts like the chassis need to cut by another machine, which is not available for most of us, but quite sometime there is an offer from reprap owner for printed part, apparently many of them are not reaching production stage for selling parts.
This make me though, it is not productive machine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Injection Moulding & Other Technology All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: