www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New to the board!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlterEgos
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: New to the board! Reply with quote

Hello all!

I just found out about this board so, please excuse my delay in posting. I've been vacuforming almost as long as Jim has, since we both started building our machines at the same time, and even helped each other a bit along the way. But that all seems like ancient history at this point.

At any rate, I look forward to sharing any knowledge or past experience I've had with this whole prop making madness with all of you and hope to learn a thing or two, as well!

I'm sure you've all seen these projects before, but for those who might have missed them, here's a recap:

I hope to have some new stuff very soon, as time permits. Until then, happy vacuforming! Very Happy
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John!

Glad you made it over to my humble little corner of the web. Yes, I remember the good old days, when we were trying to get our vac-rigs going, and were posting back and forth on the super long RPF thread. Remember that? I wish they had archived that thread. Crying or Very sad Oh, well.

Yea, one reason I started this board, was to share ideas on vacuum forming. I know I've learned a lot, and I know you will be a valuable contribution to the content of this board. Glad to see you are still at it, and your stuff looks great!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome John Very Happy

Quote:
super long RPF thread. Remember that?

I remember that thread Jim,and what a great thread it was too.It went on for something like 12 pages I think.I used to keep going back and reading it but then the pictures started going and eventually the thread dissapeared Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: New to the board! Reply with quote

[quote="AlterEgos"]

[/quote]

Sweet Iron Man! Hey, got any War Machine in there?
AlterEgos
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I remember the plethora of great information contained in that RPF thread. But, now that we have this forum, I'm positive it will rival any other source for vacuforming knowledge so, I sincerely thank you for making it possible, Jim! Very Happy

Quote:
Hey, got any War Machine in there?

Well unfortunately, Iron Man will most likely be my only full armor project for quite some time. I do have plans for making a War Machine helmet, but not sure when that will happen.
ROYAL RED

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some great pics.

It is a shame that so much plastic gets wasted during vac pulling. What's worse is that our local recycling center will not accept it. Still haven't figured that one out yet.
AlterEgos
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is a shame that so much plastic gets wasted during vac pulling.

Yeah well, that's just the nature of the beast. The up side of it all is, it's the easiest and cheapest way to replicate multiple copies. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: