www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Clint's 1911 Gets a Facelift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Clint's 1911 Gets a Facelift Reply with quote

Some of you may recall me posting about buying this 1911 in a previous thread:

Well, I was never pleased with the finish... I'm guilty of being rather vain, when it comes to my pistols, so I couldn't help but do this to it:

Yeah... those are reflections of the trees overhead visible in the slide... I may be a little obsessive-compulsive when it comes to polishing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the high gloss finish you were able to achieve with the 'facelift'! But then again, I was a fan of the old 'USGI' parkerized look too. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I rather like the USGI parkerized finish, but there were some obvious tool marks that detracted from it's appearance which I had to sand out. I figured it was never going to be a true 1911A1 thanks to its slanted slide serrations and the little relief cut under the trigger. Plus I'd put on a WWI mainspring housing and rosewood grips. So I just went for a commercial look.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keeping my eyes open for slides, and actually I found one with competition sights on it a JJ's [that little store we went to downtown Nac.] I did not ask the price, but I plan to stop by there in the next day or two, they have a huge selection of Civil War rifles!

Neat stuff.

Oh, Clint, check your PMs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: