www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
One FINISHED Grappling Hook Box Three KITS FOR SALE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: One FINISHED Grappling Hook Box Three KITS FOR SALE! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I haven't been posting here in a while, but I've noticed that I haven't posted at all about this.

I have molds screen accurate in size of Grappling Hook Boxes. I have been producing these now for about a year, and have sold at least 30-50 of these all over the world. Most of my customers are 501st members.

Now, the reason why it's just the box is becuase it's te hardest to make from scratch, almost impossible without a vacuformer. So I have made them available to anyone who thought about a grappling hook project, but never got around to it.

The grappling hook can be made easily with pieces of aluminum from the hardware store, combined with some plumbing parts. You can make a pretty good looking hook, as some people have.

I've tried selling these on eBay, and I sold a few, but then business died out. So, I'm turning to you guys for some help.

I'm going to say $45 shipped for the finished one, and for a kit, let's say $20 Shipped.

I'm going to tell you something, though, about the kits. All three of the kits are "B-Stock." In other words, they suffer from a web, or something that would require BONDO or some sort of other material to fix up to be back up to standards. It would have to be patched and/or reinforced in some way, sanded and cleaned up, then painted.

The Finished box is unpainted becuase it is screen accurate that way! Cool In the movies, there is no definitive proof that the boxes were made of a gloss material. Plus, it's a pain for me to have to paint HIPS, and then ship it out, only to arrive ruined... Rolling Eyes Sad

So, that's the deal, here are some pics:

FINISHED:

Alright, Here Are The KITS:

Minor Web on one of the sides. Nothing much else, everything else is fine.

This one might be the worst. There is a bit of an orange peel effect going on in one little spot on the box, and there are two massive webs. Nothing some grinding and filling can't take care of, though.

We have two little webs here, and that's about it. I think there might be a little orange peel going down, but not much. Note also, there is not a toggle switch present. That's becuase I haven't bought one yet. I'll get one this week for you before I ship.

Also, please note, in all of the KIT PICTURES, there is no plastic strip for the loop. I will cut these out and ship them with the box! Just a heads up.

If you are interested, Please feel free to post or PM me. I accept PayPal only! Wink Very Happy

Also, keep in mind, if you have a black hole trooper, magma, etc, you can paint these HIPS boxes with whatever paint you like. Just be sure to prepare it properly!

Thank you for your interest!

-------------------------------------------------------

TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FINISHED BOX is SOLD

TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still three kits left.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: