www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Hi and looking for some help :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bclancy

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Hi and looking for some help :) Reply with quote

Hi

First off, great forum with some very clever stuff going on! Very Happy
Im looking for some advice on getting started with vac forming. Basically I make custom hardware for sim racing simulators and I need to form simple plastic 'back' boxes for the rear of my 'creations' Smile

The backs are open at the minute, hence the need for back boxes and Im only making a couple of units a week so it has to self made like the fronts lol!

I have been really impressed with SW Trooper suits that I have seen and the great knowledge base, really cool.

Hope you guys can get me started vac forming Smile
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey BClancy, welcome to the forum! Looks like an interesting project you're doing. Vac forming a back for that box shouldn't be too hard either. What are the functions of the device?
DougN
bclancy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DougN Smile

Thanks for the welcome! I make hardware for simracers, the picture of the unit at the top is an LCD screen and shift light panel. It can be programmed to display a vast range of data from engine temps and fuel level to lap times and way more, the LED's are shift lights (Like in F1 steering wheels etc)

The lower pic is a smaller simpler unit, but shows the problem I have with them being open backed. I only manufacture in very small quantitys so its a case of make it yourself or dont bother as its far too expensive to get them made in small amounts Smile

But as an engineer, its quite likely that this will become another hobby as well as for work, I cant help myself with this sort of stuff LOL!
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should make a great hobby for an engineer! You're doing something fairly small so it should also be an easy way to start. Find out if it is something that interests you and go from there. My vac former seems to keep getting more & more complex as more projects come along. Before long I'll need another one just to keep up! lol.
Keep us posted on how your project progresses! It's always interesting and educational to see how others work out solutions.
DougN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: