www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Custom Mandalorian Armor Colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormtrooper1138

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Custom Mandalorian Armor Colors Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

i'm planning on making a suit of mandalorian armor (modern - mix between jango fett and boba fett). i'm still in the planning stages, and part of this stage is choosing a color/pattern for the armor. i know the style of color theme i want but can't decide on a pattern. so any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated. the look i'm going for is a soldier grunt in urban camo colors (shades of grey). post any ideas...literaly ANY ideas! i'm pretty much desperate. oh, and an idea i've come up with already: off-set light grey stripe on a dark grey chest plate. if anyone is familiar with a vector-graphics program called inkscape, let me know, and i'll put up a file with the armor pieces so that you can experiment with colors. so yeah, thanks.

Stormtrooper 1138 out.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what is canon or not for that type of armor but there are a lot of ways to do Fett type armor. I have seen pretty good '5 gallon bucket' type armor that looked amazing! Somewhere in my pile of stuff is some armor made from metal. I really need to dig that stuff out again and see if I can come up with a set of Fett type armor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stormtrooper1138

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isn't really a "canon" as none of the stuff is shown in the movies (that i've seen). what i'm talking about is armor similar to that done by the Mandalorian Mercs costume club. so the colors are whatever you want - i'm just at a loss as to what sort of pattern i should use. the stuff i'm using to make the armor is Sintra PVC foam board, using templates taken from thedentedhelmet.com
jason.sgtski

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want urban camo, the only mercs approved camo pattern is the ARF trooper pattern

Do you want to join the Mercs or just have a custom Mando for yourself? Have you looked at their CRL's. They have a Facebook page that has several members in its photos that might inspire you. Some good and some bad, but plenty of variety.
Stormtrooper1138

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jason.sgtski wrote:
If you want urban camo, the only mercs approved camo pattern is the ARF trooper pattern

Do you want to join the Mercs or just have a custom Mando for yourself? Have you looked at their CRL's. They have a Facebook page that has several members in its photos that might inspire you. Some good and some bad, but plenty of variety.

Hey, thanks for the help. i'm not trying to join the Mandalorian Mercs (i live over seas, it would make things difficult Wink ), i am, however, trying to make a suit of custom mandalorian armor. i guess when i described my problem, i didn't word it very well. i was at a loss as for an armor pattern (vertical stripe(s), horizontal stripes, diagonal stripes etc.) that used urban camo colors, not necessarily patterns. so yeah, thats it. thanks for letting me know about their facebook page though! as you said it is a great source of inspiration. however, ideas are still welcome!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: