www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Shipping from USA to Australia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Shipping from USA to Australia Reply with quote

I've got a number of people in Australia asking for the vac formed fender flares I make. However, shipping via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL all run around $500USD or more. Does anyone know of a cheap door-to-door shipping service? It'd be fine if it took longer but cost a lot less.
Thanks,
Doug
http://www.napierprecisionproducts.com
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you have some sort of bulk/corporate account, USPS Global Priority is about as cheap as I could ever find. Still bloody expensive shipping to Oz. Maybe ramp up a bulk run, and put it in a shipping container, and have a distributor at the other end?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bulk shipment is the next option. Been talking to freight handlers and shipping 8 sets via freight doesn't cost a lot more than shipping 1 set via USPS. I actually have access to a high volume UPS account but that didn't change the price for an individual unit much at all either.

Need to find a reliable distributor in AUS at this point. Talking with a guy that bought a set there to see who he knows as reputable distributors and got a potential contact.

DougN
Fredo
Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about flying to OZ, econ. deluxe, and checking 100# lbs of flares as luggage, free?.... 50# = one pc. of luggage. It's about 125.00 each extra bag, 50#, after the first two bags. Meet as many potential distributors as possible, in person... It would be a tax deduction for the business..... Probably just wishful thinking on my part...You might need to build your own nesting luggage cases, or I guess you could stuff them in a duffel bag.....Sporting related items, golf clubs, surf boards, ship as one pc. of luggage if not over 50#..........Fredo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: