www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Jurassic Park Jeep replica build has begun!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more progress

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much more to do, but for now my short list of things to finish are:
1. Install the antenna, a matter of attaching it.
2. Install the light bar, this is already painted and just needs to be installed.
3. Paint the wheels red; involves, jacking the jeep up, removing the wheels, masking the tires off, and stripping the clear finish off with paint remover, then applying some self etching primer, then painting... each wheel.
4. Install/paint the rear fog lights. I have a generic set, but need to paint the lenses an orange color before installing them.

Then I can start to drive it around!

The next steps are required to really finish it off.

1. Purchase winch plate.
2. Purchase winch. This is a big expense for me, for something that is purely decorative. The correct one is no longer in production, a Ramsey REP6000. I can substitute the Ramsey 9.5e as it was used on the Jurassic World replicas. OR, I may end up making a replica-non function one.
3. Upgrade the tires to BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO2 tires. Again, this is a big expense for something that is really decorative. I hope I can track down a used set, on the cheap.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripes are done:

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light Bar and Antenna installed:

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels are painted:

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake Ramsey winch I made. Will have to do until I can track down a real one.

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had some fun with the East Texas Jeep Club, during the Nacogdoches Lighted Christmas Parade.

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day of Winter:

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's been a few weeks since I did anythings of substance to the JP Jeep. After the Christmas Parade, it developed a leaking freeze plug, that required the removal of the intake and exhaust manifolds. The exhaust manifold had several cracks, so I got a new one from NAPA, and installed it along with a new gasket. Everything went together fine, but I have a high idle, that I suspect is related to some sort of vacuum leak I can't find.

I did get some new shocks and leaf springs, along with stock size shackles. Suspension repairs are pending. Maybe next week.

I am also looking into the possibility of a leaking injector o ring that may be causing a high idle condition.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the suspension updates went swimmingly, but now I have to replaced the u joints. Seems that if you change suspension geometry, even returning something to factory height, then the drive shaft u joints don't seem to like that much... They are growling now, leaking and need to be replaced. Seems like a $25 repair.

Also, I am still trying to track down the high idle issues. O2 sensor may be bad...
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Shocked

I step out for a few years and you go all Jurassic Park Jeep project on me!! Wink

Glad to see you're still at it on those "annoying" projects, they're always the most rewarding and that JP Jeep looks awesome!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Tony! Good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you the other day. Thanks for the kind words on this JP Jeep. What have you been up to?
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and the wife just spent a nearly month on holiday in Australia visiting my in-laws, and celebrating my mother-in-law's 90th B-day. I've been (almost) totally subsumed by my career (11 more years and I can retire!), family events (we now have three kids who are college graduates with actually useful Bachelors degrees), of course I'm STILL working on my 140 year old house (14 year WIP... LOL), and have become rather heavily involved with defending our 2nd Amendment rights here in Oregon... as well as have amassed quite a collection of "pow-pows" and "pills" to feed them.

For the last year or so (when I have the rare free time) I have been making my own firearms from 80% receiver kits that I finish the machining work on with NICE results (I now have a couple of nice CAR-15's!), but (sadly) I haven't done a single thing in prop-making for years now, all the armor/parts-kits that I have, all the master patterns for blasters (and such), and all molds that I've made are still sitting in boxes up on shelves waiting for my eventual attention again... LOL.

I'm glad to see that it looks like life has turned around nicely for you! I'll pop in here again ever now and then, when I come up for air!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, I sent you a PM. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> All Things Jeep All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: