www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
introducing clonesix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clonesix
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: introducing clonesix Reply with quote

Hello All,

This is my first post to this board, so if you don't mind, I'll introduce myself. Here, and elsewhere on the net, I am clonesix. I am a model builder, sculpter, mold maker, sci-fi artist. I am in the process of becoming a vacu-form builder, shoe cobler, & gun smith to name a few.

Some of you may know me from the RPF or other art boards. I spent two years building a 1:1 AOTC clone trooper model, and have worn it at San Diego Comic Con. I am working on a new version for this years Comic Con. You may see a few of my clones at CIV this year.

I stopped by this board and liked the content, so I to be a contributor as well as a reader. Thanks for having me.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you here! Yes, I remember seeing you on the RPF! Say, do you remember that really long RPF vacuum form thread from a year or two ago? When it dissappeared, well, thats sort of how this board got started, and many of the contributors from that thread and the RPF post here as well. Your input will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for joining!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
badger
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey C6!
clonesix
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to be here. Thanks for the welcome, Jim.

I will be perusing the vacuform section, as I am in the building stage of my own machine. I have some more work to do before I start using it, but it is coming along. I wish I could post pictures, but I don't have a camera at the moment.
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Clone6!!! Welcome to the platen!

You've got some of the most sought after clone armor on the planet, and if you're making new stuff, I'm sure it will be even better!

By the way, thank you for making correctly shaped clone thigh plates. It drives me crazy to see the "other" armor just gaping open at the top, inviting small children to dump their ice cream into it!

I look forward to seeing your progress Smile

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
clonesix
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for those kind words, crashman. Ice cream down the thighs?! Yeah, I guess I am glad to have form fitting thighs on the armor.

I hope to have a vacuform set-up going in a short while. I am almost there. I will post pics when I get a chance.
drcrash
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clonesix wrote:
Thank you for those kind words, crashman. Ice cream down the thighs?! Yeah, I guess I am glad to have form fitting thighs on the armor.

Where can I get some of the ill-fitting stuff?

Smile

Oh wait, you were talking about small children doing it. Never mind.

Anyhow, welcome.

Tired of buying cheap plastic crap? Now you can make your own! www.VacuumFormerPlans.com
clonesix
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: pictures are included Reply with quote

It takes a long time to make this many pieces of plastic. I hope to have a whole new suit at Comic Con this year.

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a set of that armor!

Nice! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, evertime I see your armor, it just blows me away!

The cutout for your arm through the chest and backplates is a smooth flowing ring. Your shoulder bells "float" the right way. And the jaw line on your helmet (as my friend Bill says) has the right jut - "It don't mean butt if it ain't got that jut!" Much better than the horrid Kellog's cereal helmet Smile

And look at those thigh plates, they actually hug your legs like real armor!

I'm sorry, I'm sounding like a fanboy here Embarassed

Great work on the armor, and I'm looking forward to what comes off your platen next!

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
badger
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*drool*
arktrooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Greetings CloneSix from arktrooper Reply with quote

My name is Aaron. I am new here as well, although I am late in the welcoming committee. I came on board on the 10th. About your armor; did you do a lot of resin shaping? Here in the midwest, the comicons are not all they are cracked up to be. I used to live in the Bay Area in Castro Valley. I miss it. I am always willing to learn from those who are more experienced in the ways of the force, Clone Six. Just curious...RPF; what was that? Do you think any of that vacu-form dialogue could be retrieved? Hope to hear more from ya. Carry on Clone Six, carry on.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!

The RPF is another discussion board [I think is closed to new members], and many of the regulars that post here were members on the RPF back before this board was started. There was a very long thead over there detailing all sorts of vacuum forming wisdom. Sadly it's gone now.

Jim
[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: