www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Greetings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK-Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Greetings Reply with quote

Goooood morning! Smile

Alright, here's my little intro

Until last week, I didn't know anything about vacumforming, period

I woke up a morning and thought that I'd really like to get a storm-trooper armor for halloween.. I did a little research, found out that you can't buy a licensed suit made by Lucasfilm, and then discovered the "behind the scene of fan-made armor"

and.. I just LOVE IT! I'm hooked! I mean, I already begun buying the materiel to construct my machine (vacum & oven)

I must have spent 20 hours this week reading on techniques, molds, material, different types of armor and everything.. I just can't stop thinking about it, seems like the possibility are endless with what you can do with vacumforming!

So, I've decided to take my first steps on this forum.. I've read quite a bit and I like the attitude of the people on this board, and I'll know I'll have a ton of questions and hope that I can get help in the rough spots!

My plan is to first start by making between 5 & 10 storm-trooper armor! (while reading about fan-made film on tk560.com, it's gotten to my head to also make a small-film..) I need to start on a scenario to know exactly what we'll need.. I have a couples of friends who want to participate, so ..

I'm already looking forward to working on sandtrooper, biker scout, and even a couple of bounty-hunters.. eventually clone-trooper (I know I have a lot of work to do before getting there, but these are long term goals)

As for my background, I'm working in a metal-shop, as a drafting project manager.. and I'm also at school part time getting certified as a massage therapist (I'm planning on openning my own clinic)

I'm 30, and a long-time fan of star wars. I find it very weird to never have heard about vacuforming before as it seems that it is a very big thing in the prop & costumes world..

oh, and one last thing (please don't hate me because of it Razz), I'm from Montreal, Quebec, Canada

So, if you ever find something I've written to be hard or weird to read, it's simply because english is a second language to me, I'm actually french-speaking

uhhmm.. that's about it for now Smile

Don't worry, you'll see me soon enough everywhere on this forum, with endless questions all over the place! Wink

Dominic aka TK-Rookie, *out*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard !
This is quite the hobby I must say. I am just past 1 year into it myself, it is great.
CJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: