www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
UPDATE: 12-8-05

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: 12-8-05 Reply with quote

UPDATE: 12-8-05
[The latest news on the project.]

Well it's been a busy month, but now I am able to get back onto some preproduction projects, and I wanted to let everyone know what was going on.

I'm still tweaking the first 'act' of the script. My goal is for Larry and I to get together and hash out some storyboards so that John will have an idea on what we need for the CGI work. Right now my main concerns have been with the costumes, and props. I still have an X-wing pilot costume to build, but I think we are in pretty good shape right now. We need a few more bits and pieces, and I've reworked some molds for the blasters to make assembly a lot easier, faster and more accurate. We still need one or two heavy blasters and boots. The stormtrooper armor is for the most part done, and we have plenty now for the project. One has even been weathered a bit and is looking great.

We need a few more Rebel Fleet Trooper costumes, so, if you can help out, and spring for a cheap BDU vest, and pants, I think we can get you a blaster and helmet. The boots are also cheap. I'd like for everyone that has a set of stormtrooper armor to eventually have a RFT costume as well. That way we can all 'double duty'.

Heath has made holsters and pauldrons for everyone, so we are in great shape there. I've started some research for the trooper field packs, and I hope to have a prototype pack ready to show by our next production meeting.

Larry and I are planning a 'storyboard day' and I hope we can get some good solid ideas down on paper of exactly what the basic script will look like. Maybe over the Christmas break we will make some good progress in the storyboards.

We still need to get to work on the dianoga monster. The "eye" should be easy enough to make, but that darn tentacle. Again, once we get the storyboards done we can see where and how to use it. The dianoga threat is a key part of the danger in the film. I really hate to cut it out.

Some matte painting work is yet to be done, but I have some new ideas to really spice up the look for some of the establishing shots. More to come, but in the meantime, check out: http://www.fengzhudesign.com/tutorials.html and look at lession 6. If we can pull off some matte paintings that are in this vein, I'll be happy. I think that look captures the jungle-over-run base that I am looking for.

We need to get together and do some 'action' shots for the storyboards and poster/web use. This will require one trooper, and one RFT, and should take only a couple of hours to get the shots needed.

I still need to get back to work on the track & dolly rig and the camera boom. Time and money have prevented me from making much progress but I hope to have the dolly ready soon.

We need to set a date for our next production meeting, and establish what we will be 'doing' on that meeting. I see no need to film more shots of us just standing around. Until the storyboards are done, I and the weather warms back up, don't plan to do much filming. Script finalization and storboarding, equipment, and props/ costumes are what need the attention next.

Thats all I have for now.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: