www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
The Last Garrison fan film update 7-18-07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: The Last Garrison fan film update 7-18-07 Reply with quote

Well, another Summer and we still have not done much principal photography on the fan film. Herb and I did shoot some test footage out at Lake Nac. but to be honest, I'm not happy with the available locations... yet.

Lake Nac. gives us some great jungle shots, wooded trails, and water's edge footage, and even some gullies, but access to the necessary water front swampy area, I want, I have yet to find. Still, Herb and I plan to shoot some more test footage, and we may have to compromise on a location some 500 yards from an availalbe parking spot, but until I can get someone in the water, in the available location, with the right lighting, We won't know what we have until then.

Plans for a night time water shoot are still pending, and I hope to have a chance to film something before Aug. 9. But until I can get a location I like, the search for the perfect spot continues.

In other news, the new Endor Command Donuts molds are done! Here is a pic:

and a shot of the donut on an AN-H-15

And headway is being made on the Commando Backpack, and A280 blaster. So this costume should be good to go very soon.

The Lewis Gun is almost ready for silicone. A few minor changes have been made, and need to be finished before the blaster gets the silicone treatment, but I am optimistic to have Tony a sample by the end of the Summer.

A new material may be used for the Lewis Gun, so stay tuned for details...

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shweetness!!
that A280 blaster... are you using an mp44 as a base, or something else?
and if you are using an mp44, is it cheap, because i know airsoft ones are like $3,000! Shocked

-------------------------------------------------------

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rebel Commando Sniper in our fan film has a blaster made from a STG44 aka MP43. Much the same as the ones used on Hoth. The ones I'm making for the fan film are resin based. I'm still working on the master mold. Since this will really just be a background piece and seen in one or two shots, I'm not spending a lot of time getting it too detailed.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha! Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: