www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
UPDATE: 02-16-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: UPDATE: 02-16-06 Reply with quote

UPDATE: 02-15-06
[The latest news on the project]

Here is a quick update on what I've been working on lately. I've started working on the X-wing helmet sculpts, and they are progressing well. Heath and I pulled a prototype, and I got one glued together. I think it looks pretty good. Still, the mold needs some more sanding, and a few details need to be added, but it is getting there. Pics to come soon.

Also, I've started working on the Endor Commando costume. We will be using one or two of these as our Rebel sniper rig. There are a lot of different options on this Endor Command/ Last Garrison Rebel Sniper, so, some mods will be made to accomodate this. Details will follow, but if anyone can help me on this project, I would appreciate it! The costume will include the following parts:

Endor Helmet - complete with the 'donut' and the skull cap!
Cammo Jacket/Vest/Shirt - this is a hard one to nail down. Some screen caps will help!
Cammo Pants - I'm thinking of using the same $18 BDU pants in light tan, and paint them cammo
Boots/Gaitors - I have a pair of wader boots that are almost perfect. The gaitors will have to be custome made.
Backpack - frame and boxes will have to be custom made.
Blaster - several options are on the table. The traditional Endor blaster will work, and is pretty easy to scratch build. [airsoft AR15/M16 used as a base] Another option is to make a Hoth trooper blaster [I like this version better] and a final option would be to introduce a new blaster to the mix, a WWII German FG42 paratrooper rifle as a Star Wars universe sniper gun. [one of my favorites]
Small Accessories like wrist communicators, grenades, belts, binoculars, and such.

In other news, I've picked up some $18 boots http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=151975 that will work great for the Stormtrooper boots. I just need to dye them white. As muddy as our troopers will be, these are going to be perfect! The Last Garrison Fan Film troopers, if you get a pair while they are on sale, I can dye them white, and put a clear protective sheen coat on them for you.

I've also gotten an extra black BDU for $10 http://www.outinstyle.com/page/ois/PROD/BDUShirts/BDU3485, and an extra couple of Navy work shirts for $6 http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=44575. Between Herbert and myself, we should now have enough parts to make 4 Rebel Fleet Troopers. We need as many Rebels as we can get! I'd like to see a dozen or so on screen if we can pull that many together. I just need to make a few more Rebel blasters! Also, there are some East German boots still available for $18. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=235107 If you plan to be in the film, you need these boots! Great for both the RFT's and the X-wing Pilots, as well as TIE fighter, and Imperial Officer's boots. The cost for a RFT right now looks like:

Navy Work Shirt $12 [you need 2 @$6 each]
Pants $18
Black BDU [for vest] $10
Boots $18
Helmet [part of the fan film production] $0
Blaster [part of the fan film production] $0

Total: $58 plus some odd shipping, but if I can get a group order together, we can save on this expense. Heck I'll pay the shipping!

The pants are actually really nice, cargo pocket pants, great for casual wear, and the boots are really comfy! Even the black vest is not that bad for street clothes. [may or may not be your style though]

The storyboards are looking great, so let's all say "thanks!" to Larry for all his hard work. Keep up the great work! I plan to jump in and do some art myself when Larry cries 'uncle'. 140 some odd storyboards, yikes!

Lance and I have been working on a few projects. Lance is experimenting with the pyrotechnics needed for small fireball explosions, and I have been working on a cheap way to make some posable mannequins to stand in for dead bodies. More details will follow, but let's just say it as a lot to do with 10W-G electrical wire, PVC pipe, and wood!

Heath is making good progress on the trooper backpacks, ammo pouches, and pauldrons. He has also submitted his application to the 501st.

Well, thats all for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: