www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Stormtrooper Helmet FOR SALE!! (rubie's/don post stlye)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Stormtrooper Helmet FOR SALE!! (rubie's/don post stlye) Reply with quote

Yes, this is my Rubie's/Don Post style stormtrooper helmet. This helmet is made of rotocast PVC, VERY hard-hitting stuff, beleive me! The decals are painted with fair accuracy, although the tube stripes are a bit off, and they are straight bars rather than curved. Other than this, the decals are actually consistent with the originl helemt design from ILM. The lens are of "Hero" variety, as they are bubbled, which gives even more acuracy, but limits visibility. That's where the A/C computer fan system comes in. Yes, this helmet comes fully wired and ready for trooping, or just for Halloween fun. The fan is actually a 12 v fan but runs very well on a 9v battery (included, new, full charge). The fan is wired to a small switch by the left areator. Everything is completely hidden! Also on the inside of the helmet is some green foam padding i put in there to help keep it in place on my head. You may feel opt to shave some of this foam off in order to fit you, and is easliy done and reccommended for the perfect fit.

Now, some pictures...:

This is what you'll recive. As you can see, the helmet is scratched up a bit, but is actually easily removed. What I did, was I used a pencil eraser, and hot soapy water to scrub-off the scratches. Works every time! Also visible is the 9v battery, and Anti-Fog spray with a super-fine lens polishing cloth. What you do is you spray this stuff on the inside of the lens and it nearly eliminates the fogging.

Here, a look at the inside of the helmet. There are various globs of hot-melt glue on the inside, mainly because of glueing and un-gluing various parts to make everything work out. Once again, completely hidden electronics, glue, etc., perfect for a party or Halloween. There is also writing on the back of the helemt that reads:

C 2002 LucasFilm Ltd.
All rights reserved
Used under authorization
Rubie's Custome Co., Inc.

OK, now, how much am i selling for? i'd like to sell it for $100 (that's $100 TOTAL, after buying, shipping, ect.). PayPal preferably. If you don't think $100 is good for you, make me an offer, I'm cool with that, too! Cool I bought this helemt for around $80, spent $6 for the batteries, and $4 for the Anti-Fog spray, plus about $10 for the foam. (Actually that doen't make sense to me, but i do know i spent $100 on this somehow...)

Anyway, PM me if you want to buy or make an offer, post some questions if you have any, and most of all enjoy this helmet! I did!:

And so did my sister!:

Just seeing if anybody was interested here before i jumped into making an eBay account and selling this there. THANK YOU!

Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------

TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rubies-Don-Post-Style-Stormtrooper-Helmet_W0QQitemZ220179502325QQihZ012QQcategoryZ60361QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Smile

TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: