www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Proto-form plans in PDF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricardoalvg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Proto-form plans in PDF Reply with quote

I intend to build a 48"x80" vaccum forming machine here in Brazil. I'm trying to buy proto-form plans but they don't send to Brazil. I'm asking if anyone has these plans in PDF please sendo to me. We have nothing like that here in Brazil.
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man, that is Doug's Intellectual property and as far as I know he only sells the plans in paper form... for reasons just like this I assume. He is also a valued member of these forums... so it's not likely going to happen.

I don't know how Doug would feel about somebody buying a set FOR you then forwarding them on to you, but then you have to realize that he ONLY sells the heating elements to those who are registered buyers of his plans.
ricardoalvg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: proto form Reply with quote

Stomper wrote:
Sorry man, that is Doug's Intellectual property and as far as I know he only sells the plans in paper form... for reasons just like this I assume. He is also a valued member of these forums... so it's not likely going to happen.

I don't know how Doug would feel about somebody buying a set FOR you then forwarding them on to you, but then you have to realize that he ONLY sells the heating elements to those who are registered buyers of his plans.

Nobre amigo, tentei comprar com a livraria os planos do Doug e a resposta que tive é que não enviam para o Brasil, tentei comprar direto com ele e a resposta que tive era que eu não podia enviar dinheiro para conta dele pois era dificil ele receber! não entendi, mas tentei novamente e ele me pediu que enviasse numero de meu cartão de credito internacional para ele que ele me enviaria pessoalmente para o Brasil. Pergunto: Voce enviaria numero de seu cartão de credito para mim no Brasil? Não estou querendo roubar nem desrespeitar o autor, só acho que ele poderia ter os arquivos em pdf para disponibilizar automaticamente após recebimento, e não ficar criando dificuldades e expondo meus dados aos riscos de serem mau usados inclusive por hackers que poderiam interceptar minha mensagem para ele, utilizando meu cartão nos EUA ou em qualquer outro país e a quem eu iria me queixar?
Quem quer vender tem a obrigação de facilitar o acesso ao produto e não expor seus clientes ao risco!
kayaker43
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomper,...Thanks for sticking up for me,. I was wondering if anyone would take the bait. I have had people selling illegal copies of my plans and books from the UK. Copyright laws are international and its easy to prove infringement. Easy to catch too, all I have to do is google myself and they turn up.

I translated his reply below so you can see what I have to deal with. I'm an honest and friendly guy and I'm sure he is also, but the langage barrier and distance is a real problem. We have exchanged lengthy e-mails for over a month and I must have 2-3 hours already invested in correspondence, shipping quotes and researching payment methods. I offered to unblock Brazil through my shopping cart but he doesn't have or doesn't want to use a credit card for payment through my shopping cart, and won't e-mail his card info. I told him he can mail me payment but it will take a while to clear because I'm residing out of state and have to mail it to my bank. He's in a hurry and wants to use western union, but I have to drive 25 miles each way to their location to cash it, or mail it back to my bank. I offered to accept wire transfer if he pays the stiff fees on both ends but no response.

On top of all this I have to send by express mail costing nearly $50 to get tracking and insurance because I have had several expensive shipping losses. When its all done he waited too long, paid too much and hates me anyway. I will try one last e-mail this evening to find a solution and then I have to cut my losses.

Noble friend, I tried to buy with the bookstore flat of the Doug and the answer that had is that do not send for Brazil, I tried buy straight with him and the answer that had be that I could not send money for count of him therefore was dificil he receive! did not I understand, but I tried once again and he asked me that sent I number of my card of I deposit international for him that It would send personally for Brazil. I ask: Voce would send I number of his card of I deposit for me in Brazil? I am not wanting to stealing neither disregard the author, alone I find that he be able to have the files in pdf for dispose automatically after receipt, and done not stay creating difficulties and expondo my facts to the risks of will be bad used including by hackers that be able to intercept my message for him, utilizing my card in the U.S.A. or in any another country and to who I would go complain me? Who want to sell has the obligation of facilitate the access to the product and do not expose his clients to the risk!

Also other plans books and videos for people who like to build things
Christian Van Horn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That has to be one of the most illegible translations I ever tried to read! Smile The translator in Mars Attacks! did a better job! Laughing Tim Burton would be proud. If you two can't get together on a deal, ricardoalvg can probably pay close attention to the descriptions and pictures on this forum and construct a useable vacuum former. All will not be lost... I know, I just did it! Chris
ricardoalvg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: proto form II Reply with quote

Nobre Doug, tentei de todas as formas possiveis comprar seus projetos e acredite, não é e nem será minha intenção comprar cópias ilegais de seus projetos, pois acredito na propriedade intelectual, porém creio que a atenção que me foi dispensada dentro de meu interesse em comprar seus projetos não foi boa, pois não é nossa dificuldade de língua um problema, já que cliente é cliente em qualquer lugar do planeta e nunca pedi desconto ou deixaria de pagar por quaisquer custo em relação ao envio, ou qualquer outro custo de sua publicação. Em relação ao seu trabalho de buscar respostas sobre envio para o Brasil, encare como um conhecimento que você adquiriu e não como perda de tempo, já que não deve ignorar que muitas pessoas devem estar querendo comprar seu material, mas deve estar sendo espantadas com a resposta de não envio para fora de seu país. Creia! acredite! em nosso país não temos somente macacos e índios! temos pessoas honestas que trabalham e que respeitam a propriedade intelectual. Hoje estou com uma maquina em fase final com área de conformação de 1,94 metros x 1,14 metros e com forno a gás. Encontrei aqui pessoas que me ajudaram simplesmente com palavras de incentivo e sempre com um diálogo correto. Gostaria de ter acesso aos seus planos pois estou contruindo um turbo forno, onde eu estarei usando um cilindro de 128 litros de gás e a temperatura dele chegará até 300°C controlada com termostato digital e assim enviaria o plano para que todos do forum pudessem fazer o forno adaptado a realidade de maquinas que estão sendo expostas aqui neste forum, mas creio que após tudo que li, seja melhor eu fazer como a maioria das pessoas fazem, guardar o conhecimento ou fazer dinheiro com ele, por isso nosso planeta está passando por tudo isso que estamos assistindo, devemos saber a solução e vender, mas nunca partilhar!
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh... people have to realize that people are not obligated to sell something to them. When I make an international sale it is stipulated UP FRONT that once their shipment leaves U.S. shores, it's out of my hands and is TOTALLY at their own risk!

I have had TWO shipments to Bolivia wind up in the "ethereal" realms, so for the protection of others I simply refuse to ship there anymore... at least by the conventional postal system. If a client wants to pay extra for "secure" shipping like UPS or FedEx, they would have to also pay for the extra time it takes to facilitate all that on my end.
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: proto form II Reply with quote

ricardoalvg wrote:
Nobre Doug, tentei de todas as formas possiveis comprar seus projetos e acredite, não é e nem será minha intenção comprar cópias ilegais de seus projetos, pois acredito na propriedade intelectual, porém creio que a atenção que me foi dispensada dentro de meu interesse em comprar seus projetos não foi boa, pois não é nossa dificuldade de língua um problema, já que cliente é cliente em qualquer lugar do planeta e nunca pedi desconto ou deixaria de pagar por quaisquer custo em relação ao envio, ou qualquer outro custo de sua publicação. Em relação ao seu trabalho de buscar respostas sobre envio para o Brasil, encare como um conhecimento que você adquiriu e não como perda de tempo, já que não deve ignorar que muitas pessoas devem estar querendo comprar seu material, mas deve estar sendo espantadas com a resposta de não envio para fora de seu país. Creia! acredite! em nosso país não temos somente macacos e índios! temos pessoas honestas que trabalham e que respeitam a propriedade intelectual. Hoje estou com uma maquina em fase final com área de conformação de 1,94 metros x 1,14 metros e com forno a gás. Encontrei aqui pessoas que me ajudaram simplesmente com palavras de incentivo e sempre com um diálogo correto. Gostaria de ter acesso aos seus planos pois estou contruindo um turbo forno, onde eu estarei usando um cilindro de 128 litros de gás e a temperatura dele chegará até 300°C controlada com termostato digital e assim enviaria o plano para que todos do forum pudessem fazer o forno adaptado a realidade de maquinas que estão sendo expostas aqui neste forum, mas creio que após tudo que li, seja melhor eu fazer como a maioria das pessoas fazem, guardar o conhecimento ou fazer dinheiro com ele, por isso nosso planeta está passando por tudo isso que estamos assistindo, devemos saber a solução e vender, mas nunca partilhar!

Dude, please... we don't speak this language, please post in the language of the majority of the forum members. It's only good manners and proper etiquette! Wink
Christian Van Horn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, c'mon Stomper... let him post! The translations are hilarious! Laughing
kayaker43
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the old japanese motorcycle service manuals,.. great fun to read.

Actually I used a software translator for that. His e-mails to me were in better english but the meaning wasn't always so clear.

Also other plans books and videos for people who like to build things
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: