www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New, of course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobosmedic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: New, of course Reply with quote

Just wanting to say thanks to all the great people that make this site possible, with awesome info, pics and inspiration I'll be able to get my troopers feet on the ground and battle ready! Very Happy

A little about myself, I'm a 21 yo M of the caucasion persuasion. I'm a FF/EMT-I in KS and an ROTC cadet at KSU. I hope to troop into the air force's dress formation someday in full ANH trooper glory. I'm happily married with a 9 1/2 mo daughter named Maggie and I'm working on her armor too, out of foam though. My wife thinks I'm bat crazy but has put up with a proton pack before and the same goes, on the cheap. I'm looking to build a TK560 inspired by TJ model and I've got the HB500, 5gal shop vac and wood so far for free!

I'll be mooching great ideas off of your wonderful people and hopefully contributing my own. The first is a collapsible platen as I will utilizing a small porch, and I will be posting a sketch up after this weekends break.
Thanks in advance for everything,
Jeremy
inventer
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: welcome Reply with quote

Hi Jeremy, welcome to these forums, sounds like you have a plan and your going to have some fun. My women thinks I'm batty most of the time, and that's ok, I know I am, fun I'M having fun making plastic things. You'll have tp post pics as you go along, love pictures, good luck. Tony
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome! welcome, again, man!

any help you may need, just ask any of us. we'll help. Wink

-------------------------------------------------------

DarthVader1
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I am in your same boat as well. Looking to make the TJ style machine, but not until I do some stuff to the house first, including run an electric setup for my shed/shop......but first I have to find a job, which I haven't got one after leaving the ARMY 5 months ago. Sad

You'll learn a lot here....believe me. HINTS: Look into CRAZYFOOL, TK 109, TUBACHRISx38 (sp?) in the costuming section about SPACE TROOPER thread, crashmann, Dr. Crash postings not to mention our TK560 (Jegner)himself, and some other folks to give us EXAMPLES of the BEST GUYS ever crossed this forum.....and really smart and ingenious too. Wink

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Culvan
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I live in Kansas City, but on the Missouri side. You might look into the 70th explorers garrison, they are the Missouri and Kansas detatchment of the 501st legion. The 501st has a lot of good resources for storm trooper armor. They can be a little short on the information on how to build it from scratch, but that is why it is good that you are here.

I think the vacuum forming machine gallery is great. I was able to see cool ideas and get an idea if they were good for the system I was building. I primarilly used the Thurston James design that Jim has his webpage dedicated to. I made a couple of modifications from the gallery along the way. You can see my machine near the end.

Andy [/url]
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!

Post some pics of your projects when you get a chance.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: