www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Thank You tk560!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsculptor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Thank You tk560!!! Reply with quote

I've spoken to you before (Through Email), I'm Propsculptor on the RPF and other message boards (and New here).

I just wanted to thank you for posting the progress of your vacuumform Latch that you created:

I have a smaller Vacuumformer that I custom built based on these plans:
http://www.halloweenfear.com/vacuumformintro.html but my forming platen is a little larger so I recently built a wooden frame to hold the Plastic in and couldn't figure out a way to lock it together tightly enough, until I remembered your site.

It worked great!! So thank you Very Much for posting this on the internet and helping others like me, I really appreciate your taking the time to post a website for everyone to see.
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh! It's you!!!

I have been pointing folks to your vac table site for years! And I suspect that Jim's first two smaller vac tables were based on your design as well. I was really bummed out when I saw the page went away a few months ago, but I'm glad to see you're back in business!

We have a couple of folks in my garrison that plan on building an over under vac table just like yours. So thank you for sharing your information!

Charlie
TI-386
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, insert foot into mouth, and chew vigorously until desired texture is achieved...

Re-reading your post, I see that you're not actually Ralis Kahn (which is where my enthusiasm came from), but you built a vac table based on his plans.

Perhaps you've seen the bus I ride on? Razz

Nonetheless, welcome to the boards!

Charlie
TI-shortbus-386
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
propsculptor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm not Ralis Kahn, I've spoken to him but I'm not actually him.

Thanks for the welcome:)

My name is David.

crashmann wrote:
Ok, insert foot into mouth, and chew vigorously until desired texture is achieved...

Re-reading your post, I see that you're not actually Ralis Kahn (which is where my enthusiasm came from), but you built a vac table based on his plans.

Perhaps you've seen the bus I ride on? Razz

Nonetheless, welcome to the boards!

Charlie
TI-shortbus-386
Mattax
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that website is where we gathered a lot of information on my design. I guess three years of planning is finally paying off.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my mark II design was loosley based on his ideas. Glad that site is still up and running.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: