www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty for mold making

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
customcasts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Durham's Rock Hard Water Putty for mold making Reply with quote

I picked up some DRHWP cause I've used it before to make molds of Star Wars bubbles. In fact, that's why I'm doing vacuforming...to reproduce bubbles/blisters for custom carding figures. I mixed it properly, but I always get air bubbles. I'm working on making a crude pressure pot to crush all the air bubbles. It works with resin, so why not putty. Anybody use DRHWP and maybe even a pressure pot to crush the air bubbles? LMK

-Keith
Indigogyre
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Bucks Reply with quote

The bubbles come from mixing the putty, not an incorrect mixture amount. You are making a solid mold so why care about bubbles? Mix up the putty and then make your casting of the blister pack bubble. Once the putty has solidified remove it and then mix up a new batch of putty and fill in all the surface holes. Give it a hit with sandpaper to blend and smooth and you are set.

Dean
DarthVader1
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this thread I've started a few months ago, and start from probably the end of page 1 and read also page 2, where it mentions about DWP:

http://www.tk560.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=982

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: