www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Update: 03-APRIL-06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Update: 03-APRIL-06 Reply with quote

Here is another update for the first week of April:

The Endor Commando costume is starting to take shape. I found a set of scaled drawings for the helmet donut, and will be trying to track down some of the AN-H-15 flight caps. This is the hard part to make for this costume. and the flight cap is the expensive part.

So far I have 2 of the $11 Norwegian M40 snow jackets that are old, and starting to yellow. Some Rit dye to make them tan, and I can start the cammo painting process. Also, since we will never see it, I think a t-shirt dyed the right color will be fine for the under shirt for this costume. Some gaiters, and krylon on the tan pants and we are 75% there. About all that is left to do is the helmet and blaster belt and pack. I'm working on a blaster option now and hope to have some progress to report in a few weeks.

Spring is here and the foliage is starting to turn nice. I hope we can shoot a scene or two sometime before the end of the month. We need to get the whole crew together and discuss what is needed, and then start some filming. I hope we can nail down a time before the weather gets hot. The storyboards are going to really help us get the needed shots.

Herb has been busy with a bunch of student films, so I hope he can help us with some production organization as well as other ideas when it comes time to plan the next shoot. His experience should really help us get more efficient with the limited time we have to shoot.

Clint Hanna has been working on some plans for sets, and some concept sketches for the 'vault' sequence, and I think he is wanting to take on the role of the shot down X-wing pilot. So far one helmet has been made [minus the visor] and the chest box, so a lot more work needs to go into the X-wing costume to get one accurate enough for me. LOL.

A side note, the vacuum form machine is down until I can finish a repair to the oven coils. I'm almost done, and I hope to test this week. If all goes well, I can get back into some armor/ helmet production very soon.

James "Clint" Fultner from near Hallsville, has expressed some interest in the project, so I would like to welcome him aboard. He brings an interest in 1/6 scale moldels to the production and can help us build "12 inch GIjOE scale" models for use in the production, among other talents. I think he even has a pair of Fleet Trooper boots!

The month of April should pans out to be a productive one. I've been really busy with a lot of side line projects that has gotten me off task and barring any unforseen issues, now that they are over, it's time to get back onto this ever expanding film project.

A new Rebel blaster is in the works. The two I made so far take too much time to construct, and my next blaster will be a master pattern for a solid resin version. If all goes well, we should be able to crank these out very soon.

I'm about to finish my study of the Lewis gun, and I hope to have a master pattern ready in a few weeks as well. If I can get all this done, then it's time to switch over to storyboarding.

Thats about it from here. As always, thanks to everyone for their help and support.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: