www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Fan Film Production Update June 29

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Fan Film Production Update June 29 Reply with quote

Hello Troopers!

Just another update regarding the fan film project. We now have a steadycam. Its a cheap-o version but it works pretty well. I hope to test it some this weekend. Also, for those that want one, I am making a standard trooper knee mold. I'm 90% done with it and I'm ready to do a test pull. The only problem is, the vac-machine is down for repairs. The problems were were having with the holding frame letting the hot plastic slip has gotten so bad, I had to remove the frame, and I'm currently working on a better non-slip option. I'm down to only a few sheet of plastic, so my next challenge will be to get all the remaining parts that need to be made and pull them once the machine is ready to run again.

So, what else is Jim working on?

Funny you should ask, because I'm working on the Rebel Fleet Trooper costume. I've ordered the US Navy work shirts, gray BDU pants and the black BDU shirt. Also, I've ordered the East German jack boots, but these are backordered. The helmet, and blaster are under construction. I made a test pull with the helmet over the weekend, and was not happy with the results. The WWII Navy talker helmet has a textured finish to it, and needs to be removed. Also the inside of the helmet cause the vac-pull to pop an air bubble in plastic. Right now I'm filling the helmet with anchoring cement. I hope to get the helmet and costume done in time for the movie review day, still set for July 16. The costume is pretty easy and cheap for everyone to get. So far, the cost for the clothing is around $80 and includes the boots!

In other news, Larry is working on the matte painting and we are looking at our options for an awesome opening shot, done in the tradition of Star Wars where we pan down from the blackness of space to the planet where the live action is to take place.

We are also looking at shooting some miniatures for a few ship shots, so if you know of any models we need some large scale X-wing and Imperial Shuttle that can be used for the shots. These would be modified for filming, and have the necessary jig mounts, and paint details added. If you know of a good model builder, let me know!

I talked with Coy on the diagona trash compactor monster, and not much progress has been made. An experimental version of the tentacle needs to be worked up to test with, and this is looking like it will be made from a pair of panty-hose, some styro-foam balls, a heavy gauge wire spine, and some silicone caulk. Coy, if you need some help on this, let us know!

I have nearly enough spare parts for a stunt suit. A pair of forearms, and the helmet, and its done. Herb is going to be helping me build it and this suit will be the test suit for the weathering. Time to get this one nasty!

Heath is working on holster, pauldrons, and magazine pouches. So far I've seen his holsters and they look great. The pauldron is still in the works but the prototype rocks! I think the magazine pouches are a lot harder to do, and are taking more time. I'm sure Heath can do it!

In other news:
The website has been undergoing some changes, and now most updates will be posted on the discussion board site: http://www.tk560.com/phpBB2/index.php . If you have not already, check it out! Once there, be sure to register and say hello. This is a public forum, so all the world can see what we are doing. I've included links to the Rebel Fleet trooper sources. Check it out!

The plan is to try and film in our second location this weekend, Saturday, 7:00am July, 2nd. We have 2 or 3 shots I'd like to shoot, and I'll need at least 2 or 3 troopers for the shots. One is a test shot of the cliff, one is the running boulders shot, and the third is a debris mound shot. A final pick-up shot of a dead trooper laying on the ground near some bulldozer tracks is also planned. Once we get past the film review day, and have a filming outline, we would need to try and get together once or twice a month to shoot. The early morning works better in the hot Summer than the late evening.

Also, some set pieces should be considered being built. Right now, an Endor style bunker door hatch, and an X-wing canopy are being considered. If you have any other ideas be sure to bring them to the movie review.

I have some 20 odd shots I'd like to see on film. Edited together, these would make a great trailer. Think about what you want to see on film, and let's try to get these shot arranged. If you have a movie you want the crew to view, bring it to the film day. Remember, the film review day is designed for us to get familiar with some scenes I want to shoot, and to watch some old war movies. Bring 'em if you got 'em. We will get started around noon, and we will do hamburgers and fries.

Thats about it for now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: