www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Armory Photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Armory Photos Reply with quote

I really enjoyed looking at Stompers armory pics so I thought I would share some of mine also. I need to snap some more pics, but this is what I have so far.

AR15

Here is my Ruger 10-22 trying to act tough like his big brother AR,
definitely not as tough but ALOT cheaper to shoot Shocked
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY NICE!!!

BTW- your M4 is VERY CLOSE to the one I'm in the process of building (my upper is 8-16 weeks away on back-order), right down to the style of pistol grip! I'm eyballing a front fore-grip similar in shape to yours, but has an "extendo" bi-pod inside the handle... a bit spendy however! I'm also going to install a "flip-down" front and rear iron sight system and possibly a "reflex" red (or green) dot optical sight as well... spendy... OF COURSE!! Rolling Eyes

I have also thought very seriously of getting a 10/22 and sexy-ing it up like yours, too!! They make banana (and drum) magazines for them! DEFINATELY cheaper to shoot!!

BTW- If you aren't already on there, go to: http://www.northwestfirearms.com I have found it to be a decent "local" weapons forum... particularly for being on the same sheet of music "in state" to hold the line against gun-grabber poloticians in the Pacific NW... I go by "Stomper" there as well!

One of these days we should get together and take all our babies through their paces!! Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

I really need to build that M4. LOL. I really like what you have done, and I think Tony and I are on the same page, building ours. LOL.

The optics are going to cost as much as the rifle, I'm afraid, at least the one I'm eyeballing. Something in the ACOG line http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=3

or http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=13

Not sure which. But OUCH! Thats spendy. LOL.

JIm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This grip feels so much better than the stock grip it isnt even funny. I wasnt sure at first about using a foregrip, but I found this one that holds the tac light, and houses the laser button so I couldnt turn down that much functionality.

My brother has the foregrip with the extendable bi-pod, he actually bought one that was designed for an airsoft gun that works as well (you cant stand on it like you can with the 'spendy' version.)

They make this conversion kit for the AR that allows you to shoot .22, I have been thinking about 'handing down' my 10/22 to my son and picking up that conversion:
http://www.22lrconversion.com/atch-pg.htm
Here is a really nice stock for the 10/22 to beef it up, they were way behind on orders so I went with the composite.
http://www.rbprecision.com/id72.htm

I will have to check out that forum, and I agree that we should take them out and throw some brass sometime. Hey, the snow is even melted away now....yeeehhh Very Happy
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the Cernier conversion kits, but have not had the time to test it out. Maybe during this time off, I can sneak out to the range. I'll let everyone know how it shoots.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siiiighhhh.... there you guys go again... spending more of my money! Laughing
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the rest of the armory:

12g Mossberg
for home defense and any clay pigeons that I can hit Smile

Rem7mmMag, handed down from my late grandfather. I upgraded the scope and added the bi-pod. This thing will rattle a shoulder:

and for the close combat: Ruger p93 9mm, and even closer combat: ColdSteel Master Hunter, this knife has been through it all.....it shows too, it is time to order a replacement.

and finally the tac vest to carry some of those, and plenty of extra magazines/rounds for all Smile

I just noticed, I need slings for ALL of them...well, cept the 9mm Very Happy

CJ
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. don't forget to include a sling for the backside of the person who decides to "test" if you know how to use all that stuff! Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might fine looking weapons you have there! Having the pictures, along with serial numbers saved in a safe places is good for insurance purposes. I need to do this with my pow-pows.

Say, is that AR15 an Essential Arms lower? I can't quite make it out.

And for the vest, can you explain it's purpose? Some folks might not understand the usefulness of all those pockets and straps.

Fun stuff, thanks for sharing!

Jim
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a Superior Arms lower. As for the vest: LOTS of ammo storage Smile

There are 3 pouches for AR/AK (or anything that size really) 30 round mags, I can also move the pistol holster to the belt and add another 2 mag pouch for a total of 150 rounds + 30 in the rifle.......not really a need to carry that many, unless I am in Iraq.

A 3 slot pouch for pistol magazines, and 2 more pistol magazine pouches on the belt that could also be used for a flashlight. 6 shotgun shells fit on the upper right side (left in the pic) with more storage behind that flap.

The right shoulder is reinforced with padding and a metal band (or hard plastic) to help absorb recoil. And that little pouch on the other shoulder???......my cell phone fits in it quite nicely Smile
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to ask, what brand rail do you have on the AR15?
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leapers UTG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: