www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Stomper's Armory!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Stomper's Armory! Reply with quote

OK, I FINALLY got all my personal firearms back under my own roof after over SIX YEARS in my mom & dad's hidden/built-in gun closet/safe.

My .308 Galil (I'm going to ditch that Planet of the Apes stock as soon as I can find the proper folding stock for it that doesn't cost half a grand!

My AR-15A2 HBAR Sporter-II (I'm going to change out the existing upper receiver for an A-3 flat top receiver w/ picatinny rails, and a removable carry handle)

With M-9 Bayonet mounted:

My Stainless Steel Mini-14

My Mossberg 500A:

My pistols... Beretta 92F, My dad just gave me a S&W .357 Mod 28-2 Highway Patrolman (6" barrel), and an Ithaca 1911A1 .45ACP (very tight in the slide, US Army Surplus)!!

The following are family heirlooms that my Dad just gave to me today...

A Remington .22LR (still shoots nicely)

A Winchester Model-94 .30-30 (needs head spacing re-worked):
[/URL]

A Belgian made DBL shotgun that belonged to my Great Grandfather... over 100 years old! (not fire-able)

I'm looking forward to adding that M4A3 carbine to the line-up... its getting there, one piece at a time!! Wink

Last edited by Stomper on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony!

OMG! Shocked I have that exact same Colt!, Same slab-side lower, same A1 upper, but my barrel is NOT H-BAR, but the old Govt. profile! COOL!

I swapped the stock, grip, hand guards and flash hider out, and made mine into a Vietnam retro look-alike. I don't like the idea of an AR with out a forward assist, and the shell deflector is needed for me, as I'm a lefty. LOL.

Cool!

Oh, and the 'planet of the apes' Thumbhole stock, is cool, but I agree, return that to it's proper glory! LOL.

Nice looking set of 'pow-pows' you have! Thanks for sharing!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, that Ithaca is a real gem! That's a great WWII era surplus that looks like someone turned into a national match gun, with those adjustable sights. I bet it's a real tac-driver. Thats awesome!

I don't know much about the other guns, besides the Beretta, but the Lever action is a beauty! And the S&W revolver is a classic. Cool stuff!

Again, thanks for sharing.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking collection Tony Shocked
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... LOL!

Believe it or not, (given my past life) I view firearms mainly as tools, not something to be "admired" like a classic car... or Stormtrooper armor!! Laughing but I must admit that it does give me a tickle to handle these things again and want to hit the firing range.

I was pleasantly surprised because none of these weapons have seen the light of day for over 6 years and I was half expecting to see (at a minimum) some surface rust on a few of them, but they're all in fantastic condition. They'll all be getting a good cleaning and lube in the very near future, however! Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I grew up with guns in the house, had a grandfather that used them as a tool. He was a state trooper, so I can really understand where you are coming from. But me as a hard core history nut, I see these things, the ones that belonged to my grandfather, as heirlooms, sort of connections back to him. One of the few things that have been handed down from generation to generation. They sort of get put up on a pedestal after a while. I guess.

Jim
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely know what you mean by that! That old DBL shotgun has a history to it that my dad likes to share with me ever now and then. He remembers the day (when he was a kid) his Grandfather using it to nail a fox that was trying to raid the chickens, his father used to go rabbit hunting with it to get supper, and he was taught in no uncertain terms that if you shoot a shell, you better have a kill, you shoot two shells you better have two kills... and so forth. Then there was the time when he (my dad)was around 6 (or so) and they set him up with it to give it a shot (as he kept pestering them to shoot it)... and it knocked him 5' backwards! Laughing

Honestly, having the things back in close proximity has caused me to think back to "the days"... good and bad. But its a part of my history, I embrace it for what it is/was as it played a seriously major role in making me who I am today... totally psychopathic!! Shocked (Just Kidding!!) Laughing
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the pics. One of these days, I need to do the same thing. Documenting things like firearms and heirlooms are good ideas for insurance purposes.

LOL. The 'one shot one kill' reminds me of my grandfather. When hunting, that was his thinking as well. Ammo was just too darn expensive. Had to make each shot count.

Jim
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Berretta 92F dearly, and have owned it over the last 21 years and even carried it in several different countries during my Army service , but alas I have been hunting around for a sub-compact .45 ACP pistol for a couple weeks now and had it narrowed down to a XD45 Compact, or a Glock30, but recently became aware of another alternative... I just picked up a really nice Taurus PT-145 Millennium Pro .45 ACP pistol last weekend... it's a VERY compact pistol that is EXCELLENT for a CCW. It packs 10+1 .45ACP rounds and is only 23ozs. empty!!! I have been carrying it on my person non-stop (except at bed time and the shower... LOL) no matter what I have been doing... yard work, installing new siding on the house, at work, etc.

I have a shoulder holster that works very well when wearing a jacket or "over shirt" during winter and so forth, but I mainly carry it in an elastic waistband type of CCW rig... it can be lefty or righty, in the FBI forward-cant, or reverse-cant for cross draw (options, options!!). I wore this under my T-shirt all over the place this weekend, and under my button down (tucked in at the waist) work shirt today while working.... its NICE!!

Here's some photos shot on 12"x12" floor tiles (that I recently installed (LOL):

My primary CCW rig.. 10+1 rounds of Cor-Bon .45ACP 230-gr. JHP!! Shocked

The flash washed out some of the lettering:

Compared to a full-sized "air-soft" (accurate) replica Berretta 92F for size comparisons (I didn't feel like opening the gun safe for the real one... LOL)

This is my first Stainless Steel weapon... I'm partial to "black guns" for tactical reasons, but I opted for Stainless this time because of dirt, moisture, timely cleaning/maintenance not being as critical, and not wanting any "baked on" finish to wear off over time since this weapon is now my primary CCW and will be handled and worn a LOT!! Very Happy
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony for sharing your opinions, and I must agree, I too have a Beretta 92F, I got back in the 1980s! Love it dearly, but not practical at all for CCW. I had never heard of the Taurua PT145 before. Thanks for sharing your review. And I really like the elastic holster rig you have. Very nice!

Jim
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other benefit of that elastic system... it has "slimming of the waist-line properties"!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: