www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Best ANH TK Reference?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobosmedic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Best ANH TK Reference? Reply with quote

I'm sure that you all have your preferences and I was wondering, for those that have made their molds, what reference photos were the best help? I'm wanting to make molds closest to those of an ANH trooper. Screen caps and shots of tour armor are prolly best but link here to places that have these online, it will take some of the leg work out and if it helped you it's worth a look.

I've also heard of getting a 12" TK figure to have on my desk as a reference and it would just be cool to have. Does anyone have a certain brand to avoid, I'm not gonna spend a lot of money on it like a sideshow one but would just like to know which ones have armor that is completely off and would best be avoided.

Thanks,
felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

take screens from the movie, thats the best imo.
Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only use screen caps from ANH if you want to make truly accurate armour. Tour suits and kids toys are not what you want to base your ANH armour from since it is not the same.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANH trooper wrote:
Only use screen caps from ANH if you want to make truly accurate armour. Tour suits and kids toys are not what you want to base your ANH armour from since it is not the same.

Yes, Yes! Do as he says. He knows what he's doing... Wink Seriously.

-------------------------------------------------------

felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt that what I said? lol Rolling Eyes
Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the last post of Israel Franco. There's a link there that might help you out. One small catch though, how's your spanish?............Fredo
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the thread?
http://www.tk560.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

(You probably know this, but IE can translate to english. Although the translation is rough it's still basically understandable.)
hth, dn
Fredo
Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know squat about computers. Right thread, page 3 . It's the only link that opens on that thread now. A lot of ideas are lost among all the posts with no easy way to find them. You luck out when they get stuck in someones carbon based cpu............Fredo
lobosmedic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help, Felixx you weren't overlooked either, Razz I've gotten those from an email from Jim and they are very helpful indeed. It's different though seeing it in profile and in action.

The templates can be found on Israel's site, (I used Babblefish web site translation and it's still rough but, English). I emailed Jim when looking for the old Imperial Armor sight and he sent me the link for their current local on a TK560 mirror.

here:http://www.tk560.com/imperial-armor/Trooper-Templates.zip

ANH: do you have screen caps that you found helpful for certain parts? Like set for stun for chest and helmet? If anyone could share ones that helped for say forearms or any part, thats all the better, although I do have the movie of course. Laughing

I'll be making my molds this winter break as this semester I cannot afford more than reading right now for time, but I'll be collecting referred screens in the mean time.

thanks for everything so far
felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasnt very keen on Francos version. If you had any other armor, say like F/X, you could use that as only a size reference, then simply modify the molds to look the way you want to. im using screens and a few other ideas which are top secret from the volt of felixx, lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are discrepancies with all fan made to some degree, but I don't have any armor around me to go off of. If someone wouldn't mind pulling measurements off of their F/X and sending them my way I could use those for the molds with screens and Franco's drawings for perspective, and it would be really appreciated. I'd hate to go through all the hard work of making wrong sized molds.

Being in Cali vs KS it's probably easier to get a secret stash of movie measurements, just the nature of the state. Wink Anyways the another site I found was the DH2 Magic of the Myth site, but can anyone think of any other sites out there? I believe the DH2 tour had a ROTJ suit though.

Thanks, Lobos
felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try going to whitearmor dot net and look around there Wink
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if they still offer it but I picked up a sandtrooper reference cd from thedentedhelmet.com website. It has alot of screen shots as well as fan made armor.
CJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: