www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Off Subject (Looked what I saw at Walmart)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Off Subject (Looked what I saw at Walmart) Reply with quote

Well was looking for RIT-Dy the other day and went down an Ile and look what I found. I had to brace my self and not buy it lol.

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funky looking visor!

Very cool. I may pick up one when they go on clearance. LOL.

I might end up moving this to the costume page. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool. Yeah was thinking the same lol. hey don't for get to comment on the picture for the colored covers lol. May have to try that extra dye trick to see if they get darker.
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just seen these the other day myself...I too had to fight off the urge to purchase. They look like the back is open, couldnt tell if it was 'assembly required'
CrazyFool
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny. I just saw them for the first time early this morning at WalMart.
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah one side is guns and then the helmets and then some other stuff on the two sides i only glanced at. Have to stay very far away lol trying to focus.
Culvan
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one of these helmets. I think they put a lot of thought into its design.

The helmet comes in pieces and gets assembled. Not terribly difficult although it does require some force to attach the two back pieces together.

It has three buttons on the right "ear" two of them play various voice sounds. The third one creates a "static burst". It creates one when you first push it down then there's a quiet Shhhh then a second static burst when you release the button. I believe that it is supposed to be amplifying your voice while you hold the button down, but i can't hear any difference from inside the helmet. There is a microphone inside it.

I really like the level of thought they put into making it comfortable. There is an adjustable strap in it similar to a hard hat liner. The strap has 3 different adjustments on it so you can really get the fit perfect. I cut out some paper to cover part of the visor to make it look better and I was able to adjust it so I could still see. There is a facemask part inside around the eyes. This helps block air from being exhaled into the visor and fogging it up. There are fairly well concealed vents all over it. There are holes drilled around the inside where a person's ears would go. I believe they are there to help improve someone's ability to hear through the material.

The overall shape is pretty good except the visor. There are a few things that could be nit picked but overall it's pretty good. I think it's biggest problem is that it has a lot of seams. The discussion over at clone-empire seems to indicate the size is fairly good too. It fit's my head with some room to spare. It's missing the "neck seal". There is a thread where one person is posing information about his attempts to correct the shortcommings using bondo.

In summary: it's a very good children's toy. To make it anything more than that will take a bunch of work, but could be done.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: