www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Invaders from Mars 50th Edition DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Invaders from Mars 50th Edition DVD Reply with quote

I just got through watching the Cold War classic the 1953, 'Invaders from Mars' the 50th Anniversary edition. Oh, my has the original negative degraded. Too bad. It's pretty bad. Spliced together from the original 35mm Cinecolor master, which I suppose was restored as well as it could be, but there are a lot of scratches, etc. The good news is the US, and the UK versions are on the same disk, and to be honest, I prefer the UK version. Deleted scenes, and a different ending, make the UK version more interesting to watch.

Check it out!

Pure Atomic Sci-Fi Cheeze. I love it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TKThor
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Great stuff. Reply with quote

Man, its been way to long since I posted anything.

I am going to check out "Invaders from Mars" along with "The Blob" since its celebrating an anniversary as well. And maybe post a little review.

I'm looking forward to "The Day the Earth Stood Still" remake.

But one movie I've got to see is "Santa Clause Conquers the Martians" not really Atomic Sci Fi since it came out in 1964 I believe but still awesome cheese!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: