www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Interchangeable Table Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Interchangeable Table Size Reply with quote

Ok people. Yeah practice is one thing but wasting plastic sucks. lol. So with that in mind I have come up with really effective ideas to make smaller size interchangeable frame holders. Mouth full lol. And from what I have seen in you tube videos not hard at all really. It’s going to require supply's of wood, metal screen frames, screws, wing nuts and normal wood screws. Oh and not to forget our best friend Weather Striping for the bottom of the main wood peace.

Some times I scare my self. So this will allow me to have as many small sizes as I want with out wasting plastic.

I will keep in touch with results later.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been several approaches to the interchangeable platen/frame sizes. You might check some of the really old posts from about a year or so ago. Seem to me there were some discussions on this very same topic back then.

One option I recall was, to make a box insert with a smaller size topper on it. This way you can use your original platen. Then add some intermediate supports that bolt on to your current frames, scaled to fit your smaller plastic.

Depends on what you need, and how much you want to spend reducing down your machine I guess.

For me, I started out with a small machine, learned on it, and then built up a larger one.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mnttech
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a previous employer we had a 4' x 8' single hole table. The table was covered with rubber. We had a large selection of frames made out of 2" x 2" pine boards. These frames were anything from 12" X 12" all the way up to 4' x 8'. We then stapled the plastic (Kydex) to the frames and went a pulling. It worked just fine.
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will look into that. I also got some quick release hinges so I can get ride of one of the wood holding frames. This way It does not take so long to place plastic in and out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: