www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
big time webbing, help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahillworks
Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool so you just mounted it down and made a few holes to pull air threw the mold that works man. Now got to wait a month or so and i may start some new things.
inventer
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: no silicone Reply with quote

Hi spektr, I know it shows weather stripping in the diagram, but I found out that when the frame sets down on the top of the wood box to start sucking the plastic down, the plastic gets sucked onto the wood so tightly as it draws into the mold, no weather srtipping or silicone is needed, it's air tight to suck it down. Now remember I'm useing .010 and .015 PETG. I'm guessing if your useing a heavy plastic you might need some sort of of a seal. Ahill, you going to try making something useing this inverted pull ? Cool, let us know how it works for you, don't forget pictures. Tony
spektr
Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Silicone. Reply with quote

Hi Tony..
I use silicone for a couple things.. To seal and to make the tools last.
If you run a bunch of parts off a wood tool, it gets very dry and starts to come apart. Silicone keeps the moisture in the wood pattern. you will find that over time that the tool edges willl become heat degraded if you use wood without sealing it off to prevent the moisture from leavng.

Scott.
inventer
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: stopped making Reply with quote

Hi guys, seems this idea was just another hair brain idea, not selling anything, so made a bunch for myself to use. I've decieded to stop, going to tear down my vac machine. Cannot think of anything else to make with it. It's been fun and a great learning exp. I'll keep reading posts on here because you guys are so kool. Happy Holidays to you all, be safe, spread you love with your familys. If I have another hair brain idea I'll let you's know, be safe guys, Tony
inventer
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: still lurking Reply with quote

Hi guys, been reading a little of whats been going on, you guys are still plugging away, thats great. Well as I stated, I hav'nt done anything for a while. I have alot of tray liners I pulled, hav'nt sold any and with the ecomony the way it is, I don't even have any work to use my own tray liners Crying or Very sad I still have my machine sitting in the garage taking up space, semi dismanteled off to the side. Been trying to think of things to make, but still nothing, well nothing to make and sell. But on a good note, I did turn on the oven coils to keep warm in the garage to do other projects, but I know running the 220 coils costs alot of money just to stay warm, so I'm useing my kero heater again. Been thinking about making custom auto parts, link glove boxes and other little things since my main hobby is customizing vans, but with so many different makes, ford, chevy, etc, will need to make alot of different molds and of coarse theirs not really amarket for that either. I'm hoping our new president can figure something out to jump start our country. I know around here my friends are loseing their jobs and homes left and right. I know alot of you guys are from all over the states and hope your hanging in there. I've seen it's really slowed down on posts and projects and hope it starts to pick up, I really enjoy reading and seeing pic's of everyones projects. Thought I'd drop in and say HI and wish you all Happy, healthy and a safe holiday season, keep up the good work here guys, Tony
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, it has been slow here for the past few months. I guess the economy has hit everyone where it hurts. I know the stuff I make, my sales are gone. Thats ok, as I have other projects to keep me busy. It will pick up one of these days. I hope!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: