www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
The 2008 Financial Crisis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyFool
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: The 2008 Financial Crisis Reply with quote

Anyone up for discussing the current financial crisis and how things might pan out? I'd like to stay away from politics and placing blame. I'm primarily interested in how you think things might unfold from a man on the street point of view. In other words, how this might affect us personally.

CF
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you would have received $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be an American!

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CrazyFool
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL

I kind of know what's going on because I read a lot of financial stuff, but honestly it's getting to the point where I'm not sure if I want to talk about it because it's kind of a downer. Maybe I'll let this thread die unless someone is really interested.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we can keep politics out, this is a fine topic to discuss. The political parties did not make the bad mortgage debt, so if we can keep them out, thats fine.

As for the bail-out, my bet is none of us will ever see a dime, or feel an effect, unless you are someone who is about to retire, and your 401k is gone, or you are in a house you can't really afford, and your lender gets bailed out by all of this.

Just some opinions, that's not political.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyFool wrote:
ROFL

I kind of know what's going on because I read a lot of financial stuff, but honestly it's getting to the point where I'm not sure if I want to talk about it because it's kind of a downer. Maybe I'll let this thread die unless someone is really interested.

Agree. Still, an important topic. Just dang depressing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: