www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New Star Trek Movie Trailer online 11-17-08

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: New Star Trek Movie Trailer online 11-17-08 Reply with quote

For what it's worth the new Star Trek reboot/prequel/reimagining/ et. al. trailer is now up:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/large_trailer2.html

Unless there is a lot of character development, and I doubt it with current trends in movies these days, it looks like another cash-in-and-recycle old TV source materials for the big screen. Not sure what I want to think about this. Star Trek IMHO was a TV show, not a movie franchise, and the only reason it became a movie in the first place back in the 70's was the greedy b@stards at Paramount, after watching 20th Century Fox win big at the box office with Star Wars, looked around for something they had intellectual property rights to. Roddenberry was already cooking the sequel TV series for television. Star Trek Phase II, so it was cannibalized retooled and sent out as Star Trek: The Motion Picture. Fans drove the original series cast on to 5 more films, but by the time TNG had run it's course on TV, and tried with a few more features, that never were that popular, one would think, that Paramount would have let it go. But NOOOOO! Gotta milk that thing called Trek for all it's worth. [ For what it's worth, they ran Star Trek in the ground after TNG, with a constant barrage of something Trek on TV, and fans got tired of watching. DS9, Voyager, Enterprise. Now, don't get me wrong, they were all fine shows, but who was watching? Thats right, no one but the really die hard fans, and by the end of the 5 season of Enterprise, even they were not watching!]

Now, as I climb off my soap box, and chill, I hope it does some good, makes lots of dough, and its the gee-whiz gotta see film of the Summer. I think it will only do ok. My reasons... Hmm. Messed with the big E. Bridge looks like a life size ipod. Cast look like a 90210 spin off. And from that trailer looks like a Michael Bay film. Lots of action, not much plot. Hmm. I hope not.

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Star Trek Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: