Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Post election observations and 2nd Amendment buying habits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my dad bought (another) m16, without a top rail (carry-handle), just a rail on the top and the handgaurds.... not too bad, but all m16's at the gun shop were gone.

wolf ammo sucks. LOL Laughing you can find genuine winchester ammo over here in ohio... RARELY.

yeah, i'd say demand has gone up....

"go ahead and JUMP" Laughing

-------------------------------------------------------

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed my 'not' typo to 'now'. Sorry about that.

As for the southpaw uppers, I have looked into getting one. Cost is not much different than standard. I really should do that instead. But as a lefty, I've learned to live in a right-handed world. So the standard upper is fine too.

Three of my hunting buddies either have or are getting 6.8SPC for deer and hog hunting. I'm on the fence about this one. I should start a new thread...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still amazed. Most if not all of the AR/AK vendors are out of stock, and get this, up to 6 months back ordered! Shocked

Ammo is hard to find, and because of demand, has gone up. Just try to get .223 in any sort of quantity. Yikes, and 7.62x39 had, for a brief time, gone down, but now, I suppose hoarding is going on, the price has gone up again, and it's hard to find in volume.

9mm, at least the plinking stuff is gone.

.22, that use to be $10 for 550 rounds, is now $15 for 550. How much of a mark-up is that? 50% in one year?

I'm not sure what to make of all this. Part of me says it will die down after a while, but if you look at the http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/ web site, there is a rather clear statement:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

That makes for anyone even thinking about getting a AR15 or an AKM to get in the supply line before you can't get them.

My thoughts are, ammo and magazines. Better start stockpiling both. I remember back during the 94 ban, a Glock factory hi-capacity magazine that predated the ban would sell for $100. If another ban goes in effect, expect these ammunition feeding devices to skyrocket in value.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: