Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Post election observations and 2nd Amendment buying habits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey bro, sorry about that. LOL. Blame me. I did it... LOL. Very Happy

I wish I knew more about the Galil. I did look at gunbroker, and they do list the grip:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116618779

and the stock

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=117381373

And you are right, kind pricey. It would be nice if they could use AK stocks, as Tapco makes a 'galil-style' folding stock for pretty cheap.

Oops, I did it again. Spending Tony's money! LOL. Very Happy

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... curse you!

Yeah, I saw that folding stock the other day, and it looks like (according to the photo) the hinged mounting assembly doesn't come with it... I'll send the seller a question asking if it does, and if not, does he have one in stock... we'll see! Wink

Last edited by Stomper on Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my lower receiver I used a local pawn shop here in Beaverton for the transfer:

http://acutabovepawn.net/

It was only 10 bucks, so it could save you some gas money....of course driving to Southern Oregon is a lot more scenic than driving to Beaverton Smile
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought about just having it transferred to an FFL dealer closer and just paying the extra transfer cost vs. the gas money expense, but its a good excuse for me to show the Aussie wife the Southern part of the state, and with gasoline prices as low as they are right now... it only cost me $48 to fill up the Suburban from near empty tonight... down from $130+ just a few weeks ago!!
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gas prices are looking rather sweet these days....1.80 a gallon, i cant remember when they were that low.....well, i do remember when i got my drivers license gas was .69/gallon.

And the scenery is great once you get past Eugene.
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man... THAT was an adventure picking up that AR-15 lower last weekend!! Driving down was just fine, it took 3 hours (or so)... driving back up however was a pain... it decided to dump snow and ice all over the place and OF COURSE a semi-truck jack-knifed shutting down the highway. Its good thing for GPS navigation and a 4x4 Suburban, because after sitting for two hours in a traffic jam, I got sick of waiting (and listening to the bored kids whine LOL) we drove over hill and dale (and I MEAN hill and dale, LOL) in the dark, but we got home faster than sitting for HOURS in a traffic jam!! Razz

I'll start an M4A3 carbine build-thread when I get the time!! Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tony!

Did the place you got the lower in indicate any sort of spike in demand, and/or did they have any issues getting the lower for you? How long did it take?

Reasons I'm asking, Rock River has a 2 month back order, and Bushmaster is even longer. Some of the other makers are even longer approaching 6 months. Oh, and the prices have gone up even higher than just a few weeks ago.

Jim

BTW, that trip sounded more like an adventure! LOL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know what you mean... I hear that Stag Arms is fast approaching a 10-12 month backorder on almost EVERYTHING they produce... not just lowers!!

here's a copy & paste of the email response I got from the guy I bought the lower from...

Quote:
The demand for AR15 receivers and rifles is very high right now. I am down to one receiver in stock. It is an LRB receiver from their early production. The price is $150 stripped or $225 with internals. I can either ship it to a dealer near you for transfer or you can come down here to do the paperwork and pick it up.
Thank you for your inquiry,

Notice the price I paid?! Shocked He made a little money off me... I estimate about $50-$75 from what I've seen lowers w/internals listed for on manufacturer's websites, but that's OK.. he DOES run a business after all... LOL. Now I'm saving up for a particular M4 flat top upper, and telescoping buttstock...

The website has copyright protection on their photos, but here's the link to the M4 upper I'm going to get!!

http://www.del-ton.com/Del_Ton_AR_15_Barrel_Assembly_p/dt2002.htm

The "agressive end" flash hider:

http://www.del-ton.com/Phantom_Comp_Brake_Aggressive_End_p/bp1065.htm

The flat top upper I want to put on my Colt A2 sporterII (I've found A3 carry handles w/A2 sights for less elsewhere)

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Upper_p/ur1020.htm

and the telescopig buttstock I'm considering:

http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Buttstock_p/bs1053.htm
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del-ton is a good company to deal with. Did you see on their main page the backlog they have? 8-16 weeks. Oh my.

As for the M4-upper, I like it! I too have been looking, but right now I think I may just get that same flat-top upper receiver, ready to install, and I have a H-bar during ban barrel, that I can have turned down to 'government' profile, threaded, and re-parked for less than a new complete upper, plus I don't end up with a spare barrel, just a A1 style upper. Sell off the A1 and use the proceeds to buy ammo!

Well, thats the plan, I just have to wait for this buying frenzy to calm down a bit. Shocked

Jim
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... sounds like you and me are thinking the same thing... sell off those A1/A2 uppers... buy more stuff!! I always thought those Colt Sporter-II's were a strange "hybrid"... it has all the A2 features (brass deflector, HBAR, pistol grip, round hand guards, longer stock, 1/7 rifling, etc.) but has the A1 front/rear sights... go figure! I bought mine at the Army-Air Force Rod & Gun Club near Ramstein-AB while stationed in Germany back in '88 when these things were first coming out... so I took what I could get!!

About Del-Ton's back order time of 8-16 weeks... I went ahead and just now ordered that upper, because they don't charge your credit card until 24-hours before they ship it... I will well & truely have the funds before that happens anyway... Wink

Last edited by Stomper on Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, you are right on about those Colts. Mine is what they call a R6500, same as yours, but you said yours was an H-BAR. Mine is not. Thats about the only difference between ours. Surprised

I agree, they are a weird hybrid. And I like it. I did mine up as a Vietnam Retro. Triangle handguards, short A1 stock, old style grip, and I even added a 3-prong flash hider. With the exception of the forward assist, and the shell deflector, It looks the business with that old school lower. And being a lefty, I sort of need it.

Jim
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Del-ton.com is now posting a 12-16 week backlog on process orders. Oh my! Shocked

Last edited by jegner on Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, tell me about it... I bet it'll be some time in April before mine is ready to ship since I ordered it on 12-21-08.... Crying or Very sad

At least its locked in at that price, and it gives me a little more time before I have to actually pay for it... Laughing

BTW- Have you considered getting a southpaw upper and bolt assembly instead of relying on the brass deflector?
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jegner wrote:
Del-ton.com is not posting a 12-16 week backlog on process orders. Oh my! Shocked

Is that "not" supposed to be "now"? usually I dont comment on spelling, but this one could mean very different things....especially for people like Tony waiting on parts, sorry Tony.
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... yeah, I think Jim meant, "now" and not, "not"... it is a 12-16 week back-order
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: