Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Stomper's M4A3 Carbine Build (DONE!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another doo-hicky I've heard about.

http://www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/GRIP_POD/GPA-000-LE

http://www.grippod.com/

and some others:

http://www.commandarms.com/categories.asp?cID=78

And a review:
http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.furniture.html

Never used it before, but can see where that might come in handy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, my folding stock arrived yesterday, as well as the fore-grip!! I'm still awaiting the pistol grip before I can install the selector switch and the detent and spring for it... C'mon Del-TON!!! I needs me uppah fo' some M4 goodness!!

Here's where I'm at on the build as of now:

I'll post more as it progresses! Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that stock! I'm now gonna have to get me one of those! Shocked

C'mon Del-Ton!

JIm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm really pleased with it! It was $102(shipped), and was the complete assembly... stock, buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, lock-nut, and the flat "capture-plate" w/single point sling mount. Its really decent quality, it has 6 positiions, and when fully extended its actually about 2" longer than an A2 solid stock... NICE!!

They're in Glendale, AZ... so shipping to Texas may be a tad cheaper! Wink

Here's the link to where I got it... it was the cheapest price I found after an EXTENSIVE google search!

https://dynamicarmament.storesecured.com/
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOO HOO... the pistol grip arrived this morning!! I tried out the multi-configuration combinations with the different finger-grooves and back-straps... I LOVE the look and feel of the 3-finger grooves, and the medium back-strap was INSTANTLY the best fit for my hand! If anyone plans on this pistol grip, just be advised that it DOES NOT come with the mounting bolt/screw (that's why the selector switch with it's detent and spring aren't installed yet), and the storage compartment is NOT waterproof, however the battery storage in the butt-stock is as it has a rubber o-ring gasket. Both the pistol grip and butt-stock are made by Command Arms.

OK, can anyone guess what CRITICAL PART is missing from this build... aside from a bad-guy or deer to shoot? Laughing

C'MON DEL-TON... I NEED MY UPPER RECEIVER!!!!!! Neutral

Last edited by Stomper on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, I think I'm going to change my plans onthe flip-up iron sights I posted on earlier in this thread... Since I'll have the "sternum shredder/core sample taker" flash-hider on this build, I'm going to forgo the bayonette lug gas block idea since a bayonette doesn't fit on the 16" barrel anyway (only the 20" and 14.5" barrels) and use a picatinny railed gas-block to mount a flip-down iron sight from these folks...

FRONT SIGHT: They also make this in the AR15 "gull wing", but I'm kinda liking the H&K style better:

REAR SIGHT in Front-Left Oblique view:

REAR SIGHT in Front-Right Oblique view (yeah, its the wrong color but that's all I could find at this angle:

These are a bit spendy... the better part of $100 each... and of course this is subject to change if I find something I like better! Laughing
CJanssen
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Tony!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like what I see! Man, I wish I had a few bucks to put down for that stock and grip. Oh, well. I'm on my way, and I think I'll end up swapping around a few parts I already have to make my Bushmaster lower a M4. Grip and stock are two of the things I want to 'upgrade'.

Thanks Tony for sharing the pics. I really like what I see!

Jim
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

Yeah Jim... now I'm spending YOUR money (for a change)!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

This stuff has almost become an addiction as bad as when I first got into Star Wars armor and props!! Shocked Laughing

I think a lot if it has to do with "the hunt" for this stuff, as EVERYONE is trying to get as much as they can before the IMMINENT "assault weapons" ban that is ALREADY being drafted!! Rolling Eyes

I'm also going to add ambidextrous magazine and bolt releases to this build... but those are an additional $80 each as well... I'll wait a bit on that, I have to recover and let my credit card cool down a bit! Confused

BTW- I scored a COMPLETE folding stock for my Galil for $145 (shipped) off of GunBroker.com, and I ordered a 3-finger-groove pistol-grip for it too. Hopefully those will be here next week so I can put that Galil to it's PROPER glory!! Cool

jegner wrote:
For those folks interested, Essential Arms makes an affordable lower receiver. Here are some details:

Stripped Lower: Anodized $100, Tough Coated $105

Completed Collapsible Lower: AN $255, TC $260

Completed "Traditional Butt-Stock": AN $250, TC $255

As of today these are in stock, with the exception of the collapsable stock option, as that has about a week delay.

http://www.essentialarms.com/

But you can't order online. You have to call, and they can be hard to catch. (337) 945-0185 . But the good news, is, shipping is reasonable, and they can get it to your FFL inside 3 days!

Sad thing is, before the new year, the lowers were $89!

FYI, YMMV

Jim

I got through to these guys after about an hour of trying, I picked up a total of 3 AR stripped lowers in the dura-coat finish, one of them stamped for 6.8mm Remington SPC, 2 stamped for 5.56mm, and a matched flat-top upper for one of them... I may build a 20"-24" 6.8SPC Bull-Barrel for the ULTIMATE "sniper" kit.... dunno just yet. I REALLY like what I have been reading on the 6.8SPC round... its a "KILLER"!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. I do like what I see. I think I may have to spring for one of those 6.8SPC lowers too. Maybe in a few weeks.

I'm also glad to hear you got the stock and grip for that 'Planet of the Apes' Galil. [I think thats what you called it one time]. LOL.

Yea, this gun thing is habit forming. LOL.

JIm
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... yeshhhh, that is what I called it!

BTW- I just found the MagPul "enhanced" trigger guards on eBay and bought 3 of them... it worked out to just over $23.00 for each set with a slight discount in shipping for 3 at a time. One for this build, one for my A2 Sporter, and one will go onto the 6.8SPC (when I EVENTUALLY build that).

Most places seem to be "out of stock", and those that DO have them want anywhere from $8.00 - $15.00 in shipping for each one and that would make these rediculously priced for what they are! Rolling Eyes
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagPul makes some nifty products, most of the time expensive. The Grip I'm looking at using has that bent trigger guard incorporated into it. Where did you find the trigger guards?
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not yet sure what sort of optics I'm going with yet. One of the guys on my lease has some Trijicon sights. Pricey, but oh so nice.
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jegner wrote:
MagPul makes some nifty products, most of the time expensive. The Grip I'm looking at using has that bent trigger guard incorporated into it. Where did you find the trigger guards?

Right here my friend: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=270335168873

jegner wrote:
I'm not yet sure what sort of optics I'm going with yet. One of the guys on my lease has some Trijicon sights. Pricey, but oh so nice.

I know what you mean... you can drop anywhere from $55 - $600+ for optics... I'm going to take my sweet time getting something... I'm going to focus on a LOT of research before I plunk down that kind of moolah for a single component... I'm going to have the flip-up iron sights, a "green laser", and tactical "floodlight" mounted on the rails... that will get me by for a while... I can't see the "goobermint" banning optics anytime soon, so I'm going to spend the "major funds" on the "lefty-targeted" stuff first! Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Stomper on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right Tony, the optics are something that can wait. P-Dub has this one... I think this is the model:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=173&back_row=0&categoryID=3

All I can say is, that thing is nifty.

Another interesting optics option is the Eotech:
http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=25&cat=1

as you can add magnifiers to these sights. http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=18&cat=1 Oh my.

Gotta get those basic iron sights first. Not sure I even know what to look for there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: