www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
I love old cheezy sci-fi movies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: I love old cheezy sci-fi movies Reply with quote

If you have a pre-1977 sci-fi movie that you really love, list it here. Me, some of my favorites are:

The Day the Earth Stood Still
Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers
It! The Terror from Beyond Space
Them!
The Thing from Another World
World without End
Queen of Blood
Planet of Vampires
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes !!!
Where would we be without Mr Rennie and his Klaatu, Barada, Nikto? Short a few skiff guards Id say. Wink
Mind you, without shows like some of the early Doctor Who, and possibly some of those cheesy sci-fi movies, Mr Lucas may well have had to get inspiration elsewhere.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. GL too a lot from the early sci-fi movies, and rehashed it, updated the FX, and got Star Wars as a result. Take a look at the old Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon serials from the 1930's. Even the title scroll was lifted from that. Watch that old 1050's WWII movie 'The Dam Busters'. Lucas lifted entire chunks of dialog from this movie!

Gotta love it. George was a real encyclopedia of movies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Ah yes !!!
Where would we be without Mr Rennie and his Klaatu, Barada, Nikto? Short a few skiff guards Id say. Wink
Mind you, without shows like some of the early Doctor Who, and possibly some of those cheesy sci-fi movies, Mr Lucas may well have had to get inspiration elsewhere.

Speaking of "lifting dialogue", "Klaatu, Barada, Nikto".... Bruce Campbell was supposed to recite that line before opening the "Necronomicon" in "Army of Darkness". That movie was a hoot! "Ahhh c'mon baby that was just 'pillow talk'!" Laughing
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Klaatu, Barada, Nikto" man, that line shows up all the time. Even in current films. I love how they used it in Army of Darkness. LOL.
GoldCylon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember as a kid in the early 70's maybe late 60's watching my first horror film. It was a Saturday afternoon movie on a local TV channel. It was something like, or even the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Ever since that time I was hooked, and a short time later I found out about the Saturday Night Creature Feature show. They played mostly older, odd campy stuff. It was just a fun to watch that and see the campy or even corny detail, and acting. With out the fun of Bob Wilkins as the cigar smoking host it wouldn't have been much fun. Thanks for the memories Bob.
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not pre 1977, but I still love it...

Ice Pirates!

I got it for Christmas and it brought back a ton of memories. Who could forget "space herpes?!?" Great stuff...

Charlie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but Ice Pirates, WHO could EVER forget the Eunuch processing machine?! Shocked
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK4063 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Ah yes !!!

Speaking of "lifting dialogue", "Klaatu, Barada, Nikto".... Bruce Campbell was supposed to recite that line before opening the "Necronomicon" in "Army of Darkness". That movie was a hoot! "Ahhh c'mon baby that was just 'pillow talk'!" Laughing

"Good. Bad. I'm the Guy with the gun."

"Hail to the King Baby. Hail to the King."
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR what about that 'Alien' rip off, 'Creature', or 'Galaxy of Terror'! OMG those were bad.

For me, I dig the older, pre-Star Wars era films. LOL.

'Planet of Vampires'. Gotta love the X-men suits in that one, and that crazy set decoration! Mod 1960s at it's best.

Or how about 'Shock Waves'. This was release the same year as 'Star Wars', stars Peter Cushing, AND John Carridine, and the plot is Nazi zombies! Talk about a good time at the show!

And don't forget Bermuda Depths. I can't for the life of me find that one to watch.
Blaxmyth

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great films!

One of my favourites - because they were soooo bad - were a double feature I saw at midnight in an old flea-pit theatre in the early 70's - "Jesse James versus Frankenstein" and "Billy The Kid versus Dracula". Seriously - those were their titles, or pretty close to it. Been looking for them recently in the DVD bins, but no luck yet. I think they might have been the US equivalent of the Hammer Horrors - I remember seeing a GI helmet used as a prop in the Frankenstein one - low budget at its best.

Actually, any of the old hammer Horrors were brilliant in their day, because that's all we had. This was before Star Wars changed films forever, after all.

Oh, another one I enjoyed - 'Barbarella'. Not sure that it'd be that great now, though.
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I saw "Jesse James versus Frankenstein" and "Billy The Kid versus Dracula" on one of those DVD collection packs. Like 10 really bad DVD movies for only $15 or something like that at Best Buy. I always wanted to buy them, but could never bring myself to plunk down the cash for something I just KNEW was going to be bad.

Blaxmyth wrote:
Great films!

One of my favourites - because they were soooo bad - were a double feature I saw at midnight in an old flea-pit theatre in the early 70's - "Jesse James versus Frankenstein" and "Billy The Kid versus Dracula". Seriously - those were their titles, or pretty close to it. Been looking for them recently in the DVD bins, but no luck yet. I think they might have been the US equivalent of the Hammer Horrors - I remember seeing a GI helmet used as a prop in the Frankenstein one - low budget at its best.

Actually, any of the old hammer Horrors were brilliant in their day, because that's all we had. This was before Star Wars changed films forever, after all.

Oh, another one I enjoyed - 'Barbarella'. Not sure that it'd be that great now, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Cheesy Sci-Fi Reply with quote

I was always a fan of:

The Thing with two heads (Ray Milland and Rosie Grier)
The Man from Planet-X
The Man with the X-Ray eyes
The Incredible Shrinking Man

,,and one I can't remember the name of - It was about some guy with a dowsing rod finding a coffin with a headless corpse in it, and then he also finds the head seperated in a box - and when he puts it on the corpse it comes alive and then the fun begins..
MEPD
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, I loved 'The Man with the X-ray Eyes'!

Mel, that movie your refer to is The Thing That Could'nt Die. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052289/

Creeped me out as a kid.

Fun stuff.
thebluecanary
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jegner"]"Klaatu, Barada, Nikto" man, that line shows up all the time. Even in current films. I love how they used it in Army of Darkness. LOL.[/quote]

That line was First(?) used in The Day the Earth Stood Still, right?

Just watched the remake of 'Night of the Living Dead' and its funny to see how they paid tribute to the original.

Like in the original the little girl killed her mother with a small hand trowl. And in the new one, when she bites down on mommy, the camera pulls away to show the blood splashing onto a small hand trowl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Atomic Sci-Fi Drive In All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: