www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Clint's Shootin' Irons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Clint's Shootin' Irons Reply with quote

Well, everone else is showing off their goodies, so I figured I'd put some of mine up here. You guys have already seen my Walther P 38 in another thread.

First up, my .357 Magnum Smith & Wesson Model 28 Highway Patrolman. The original thin S&W bluing just wasn't up to handling this East Texas humidity, so I refinished it with a nice high-gloss blue.

Next is my latest acquisition, a Rossi 92 carbine in .45 Long Colt. I've finally shot this and it really handles nice. Due to the rifle's size, it really tames the .45 Long Colt's kick.

I'll be updating this with some more pictures tonight.

Last edited by Clint F. on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff!

Thanks for sharing. Did you post some pics of those Zombie Killers? the AKs?

I really like that S&W. Reminds me of the one my grandfather's.

Oh, and I got a sneak peek at that '92. Cool stuff!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the Zombie Killers. In this first pic both have the same stocks.

I left the one on the left in original condition, and put a new handguard, pistol grip, and Tapco folding stock on the other.

More pics of more toys to come...

Last edited by Clint F. on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, yea! Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Thanks for sharing!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!! I really like the AK74 style muzzle comp/hider, and folding stock!
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks man. Yeah, when I was buying the parts to build that AK and I first saw that 74-style muzzlebreak, I knew I had to have it. I put the Tapco folding stock onto it last month, but I still haven't had the chance to shoot it since then. That's something I look to rectify in a couple of weeks.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint, be sure to bring that AK along next time we go shootin'. I too am curious how that Tapco stock works.

Jim

BTW... Tony, have you had a chance to shoot that .308 now that you have the proper stock installed?
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jegner wrote:
Clint, be sure to bring that AK along next time we go shootin'. I too am curious how that Tapco stock works.

Jim

BTW... Tony, have you had a chance to shoot that .308 now that you have the proper stock installed?

LOL... nope. I have been full-on busy with electrical code classes, remodeling our main bathroom, and the day-job... plus I wouldn't be able to take the recoil ATM, as 2-weeks ago (tomorrow) I managed to fracture a rib (didn't realize it until a week later) next to one of my vertebae on the right side from a "slight" injury-accident I had here at home... FYI- sheetrock dust with even the SLIGHTEST amount of water mixed into it on a smooth surface is slicker than "you know what" through "you know what"... I was standing flat footed on the bathroom floor, and in a blink BOTH feet came right out from under me which resulted in my being about 4' off the ground and landing on my upper back accross the front of the tub... worst pain I ever experienced!! I have NEVER slipped like that in my life... is this the first signs of old age? HELP.... I've fallen and I can't get up... EVERYONE should have "Life-Alert" Laughing

I'm OK, still working and honery as ever! Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Tony, man, take it easy. I know what you mean about home improvement disasters, and bodily injuries. We have a saying: 'no job's complete without some bloodletting', and every home improvement project to date has had some sort of accident. No broken bones, no severed limbs, but usually cuts and gouges galore. LOL. I've only fallen once, and that was off the roof. I know, it must have looked like a Three Stooges act, or something off JackAss. Pine straw, and a steep pitch roof... slick as..., well you know the saying.

Be careful and take it easy. A cracked rib can take a LONG time to heal, if you don't give it the proper rest.

Jim
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. Well, I've had to bid that lever action I showed earlier a farewell. I do miss that gun, being as it shot really well. But in it's place is something I'll get much more use out of:

Last edited by Clint F. on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked HUUUUAAAHHH... NICE!!! Yeah that Rossi in .45LC looked like a gem, but that 1911A1 should ease the pain of it's loss!! Very Happy
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! How does it shoot?
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh. Thanks guys. Well Jim, it functions flawlessly, however I haven't had the opportunity to test it out properly for accuracy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: