www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Painter from Japan...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Painter from Japan... Reply with quote

I have designed a palette that I wish to vacuum form. But, I am stuck as to how I could possibly vacuum form the hinges that hold the lids, and the flaps in my design there-of. I would be grateful if anyone could help with some ideas in this regard. I thank you in advance. Cheers...
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board. As for the hinge, maybe the palette could sit in a holding frame instead?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: palette's hinges... Reply with quote

Do you mean a holding container of some sort perhaps? Would that not make the whole palette a little bulky as well? My design is already in brass that I have made. I have soldered the pieces together. I wish to improve on my design further by making it a bit lighter, and elegant as well. That is why I thought of the vacuum forming. I am not so sure how I could possibly attach a picture of what I have already. Please, do let me know the procedure(s) for attaching any images to my messages here there-of. I thank you in advance. Cheers...
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking... maybe form everything but the hinge? Then use a more traditional hinge, piano style maybe. Not knowing exactly what you are designing, it makes it hard for me to help.

As for posting images, you will need a hosting site, like:

http://picasaweb.google.com/

or

www.photobucket.com/

Then you can se the IMG tag to link to your images.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: images have been up-loaded... Reply with quote

Please, have a look at the images that have been up-loaded accordingly. Here is the link:

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r88/jaysiena/?action=view&current=brass_01.jpg
Jay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: model aircraft's plastic hinges... Reply with quote

Got to thinking perhaps those model aircraft's plastic hinges that are used for their flaps when those flaps need to move in the direction of the hinges could be used some how. Now, how could those hinges be attached? Epoxey glue? Crazy glue? Screws of some sort? If screws, then the 1 mm thickness of the forming material may not withstand the stresses that will encounter! Any thoughts? Cheers...
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm. Let me think about it some more.
Jay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: new palette(s)... Reply with quote

I offer you my gratitude for been so keen in helping me with this project. Have you had the time to see those images by any chance? What do you think of them? Cheers...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: