www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Greetings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Greetings! Reply with quote

Hey my name is felixx and I live in sunny San Diego.

For a quite some time now, I have wanted to be my own creator using a vacuum table and now I have the means.

This site has been a great place for additional info, I wanted to be able to pass along my progress like others here as i reach my goal.

If there are any others here in SD, speak up!

cheers!
Felixx
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board! What sort of projects are you thinking about vacuum forming?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jegner wrote:
Welcome to the board! What sort of projects are you thinking about vacuum forming?

Thanks! I have been sculpting molds for various armor pieces. Right now the ones that are almost ready are Parts for Vader. Im making two sizes. The standard size and a longer shin size for taller people.

I have talked to a handful of vaders who complain that their shins are too short and rub them on the kneecaps. So I figured this would be a good start. Nothing to big until I get comfortable Smile

In the future I am looking into other props, house hold items, parts for your car (dashboard etc.).

Who knows?

After I got comfortable using someone elses table, it made me want to make my own. So I have been doing research, asking questions, (even the ones that could get me laughed at).

I just scored on a 700 dollar Gast pump so im fortunate for that.

The Animated ARF Clone trooper in my sig I did not sculpt, but had the pleasure of pulling,cutting, trimming, weathering, etc Smile
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Felixx, glad you're here! Don't worry about asking to many questions. I've asked more than my share which is how I got my post count up so high!
DougN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: