www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Possible Pump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lobosmedic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Possible Pump Reply with quote

So I'm going to be building my machine this winter break and have been doing some poking around the local auctions here for a pump, didn't think I would have much luck, but then found this. I will hear back on monday on pump specifics, unless anyone can tell from the pics what is and if it can pull plastic then let me know.

The pump

It's currently attached to this vacuum frame, which I thought might be perfect for a conversion to a forming surface w/ built in plastic holder. It's already vacuum tight and also note the locking parts for the frame and pump gage in the picture. There is a negative, the auction isn't over till December so if this is worth it, putting it here I know you wont let me forget about it Wink . The positive is, the current bid price is $20, next bid needed, $22.50 Very Happy

NuArc Vacuum Frame

spektr
Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know i look at things differently..
You want to wait for a pump until december, to save a few bucks.. Cool bid on it. I would buy a small pump if i needed one to make parts and maybe money now.. But im a production dood.... Scott.
lobosmedic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess thats one way to look at it, but its not just all the money. I won't have the time to work on anything until during winter break anyway as the semester keeps me and my wife busy. Winter break is when I'll be putting my machine together and starting my molds. I already have an idea of how I want it all to go together, but the truth is that if I started this all now, I wouldn't go to class at all, lol Very Happy So if the timing fits,the price is right and it'll do what I need it to do, I'm ok waiting.

On that note, can anyone tell if they recognize the pump from the really bad picture given, its the best I had. And any thoughts on turning that box into a forming surface and plastic frame, you guys out there have done more than me.

Lobos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: