www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Hello from Indonesia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vodkaman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Hello from Indonesia Reply with quote

Hi Y'all. My name is Dave, I am an Englishman living in Indonesia.

I am a contract car designer (engineering) by trade, not working at the moment. I have taken some time off to pursue other interests.

My main interest is in designing and building fishing lures and this is what brings me to this marvelous web site community. I have been reading back posts for a couple of days and I am very impressed, not only by the wealth of knowledge and expertise, but also the willingness to help and share. Just what a new comer like me needs to get started.

The vacuum forming that I will be doing is very small stuff: eye ball forms, body side forms for making airbrush templates and later on, packaging forms. I will also be using the vacuum box for de-gassing plaster of Paris pours.

Unfortunately, I have already built the vacuum box and so if I seem to contradict some of the published advice, I apologize. I have not done any pulls, as I have not found a source for the plastic sheet yet, maybe next week. Also I need to rig up an oven, as Indonesian kitchens do not use ovens.

Electric heaters are out of the question. The power supply to a standard Indonesian house is less than 1Kw, I have extended mine to 3Kw at great expense, so I can use my woodwork tools, but I still have to switch off every single appliance in the house before I can use my table saw.

I have a bunch of questions, that I will start to post in the correct forum, in a few days, once I have got me some plastic to play with.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions and hope I can help along the way, maybe from my engineering experience.

Dave
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dave, good to see you here and one of the most interesting introductions I've read in awhile!
DougN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: