www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Cheap boots?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Cheap boots? Reply with quote

Mel told me about these boots some time ago. Now I noticed them on sale. Might be a cheap option for the Trooper boots. The black ones need to be dyed white, but for $20, thats not so bad!

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=151975
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got those cheap boots painted. Took some doing, but the results are ok for a trooper on a budget, or if you know you are going to really beat up the armor, as we intend to do in the fan film.

Here is a shot of Clint H. Wearing the boots, his is on the far right:

Not the greatest shot of the boots, but as you can see in the pic, they look fine. I used some special paints and brushed them on after using an acetone-based deglosser. That pigskin is hard to get the black dye out of, and any new sort of paint to stick to. The paint is leather paint from www.tandyleather.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they turned out OK Jim Very Happy

I don't know how much jodhpurs are in the US,but I bought some on ebay for around £15.00 ($30.00ish) brand new and they are very close to the original boots used in ANH.

I had to spray paint them white afte masking the soles and they look great.I used white fabric paint for the elastic on the sides as the spray didn't colour it too well.

I just give them a fresh coat of paint every now and then,but I think the paint chipping off just adds even more authenticity to the boots Wink

-Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great price for the Jodhpurs, Paul! I wish we had access to them here in the States. the 'CA' boots are about as close as we can get, and then they are $60 [£30.00] for the seconds. $80 [£49.00] for the number ones. I keep trying to track down some cheap boots, and these I got for $18.00 [£9.00] and had a hard time getting a decent paint to stick. Now I got a white base, I can go back and add more if I need to, to freshen them up.

Jim[/list]
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try going on ebay, and searching "elvis boots"
really cheap and fast! i use them, and they look decent.
they zip up on the sides, and you really have to be carfull with the sizing!
Here is a link with a pic:
http://www.911buycostume.com/Pages/gogoboots/1101WH_LG.htm
total cost for me around $45! COOL!! Cool

-------------------------------------------------------

jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look great for the Clone Troopers, but sadly not too accurate to the Original Trilogy Stormtrooper boots. Sad

Here is what most of the 501st buy:

http://www.caboots.com/product/1SCSSTORM

But at $80 plus about $20 for US shipping, the cost makes it hard to buy if you are trying a shoe string budget someytimes they have seconds, that will save you $20.

Decent boots, but kinda pricey.

Still searching for the cheap-o option.
TK 109
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bummer.... my feet aren't stormtrooper feet... Crying or Very sad Laughing
oh well, at least the boots SMELL like the 70's... (gotta love vinyl) Rolling Eyes
suprisingly, the zipper isn't the least bit problimatic. i just had to redo my calves (ordered HIPS yesterday)..... they were too small anywho.... Wink

-------------------------------------------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: