www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
peppaform my vacuum machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airship

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: peppaform my vacuum machine Reply with quote

Very Happy also the name... of the gosth factory... peppa form
peppa is how my friends call.

so here there are some pics of my hot machine, and also a first pull test on an electric screwdriver that i've glued on the wall near my maby drawings, obviusly into my hobby room so no wife around Laughing

the machine is done whithout purchase any project but only the inspiration after month of read and looking around the web.

the heaters are ceramic infrared, after some problem for the hi watt i've solved whit the right connection and dimmer to let me controll the temperature. the vacuum system are done whit a vacuum 75L/min and a 25 liters tank, also i've connected a cleaner for first pull, the start of the vacuum plate is done automatically when i drop down the frame, so after i manually controll the vacuum whit the ball valve... under the table there are a special brass one way adapter , so when i use vacuum the air flow from the cleaner is closed, on the controll panel there are all i nedd and a termoregulator whit display of the real temperature read from a termocouple... all the controll panel are done whit my sef built cnc mill and carbon fiber also painted into the engraved letters...

i hope you like it... the first think my whife say... hou much it cost ?! Laughing Laughing

oooo i forget... whit the photo tere are the first pull of the scrwdriv and a first work for one of my hobby car.

ceers
peppe
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peppe, that is beautiful work on the vac former & the model!
The vac former looks great. Did you use plans to build the vac former? Also, the VW Bug is wonderful. Because of the accurate detail it actually appeared full size until I started looking closer. What scale is the model? Again, great work & thanks for posting!
DougN
airship

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks DougN
i'm happy you like it...

no i havent bought plans... i've only seen some photo and projected mine whit cad program... after i've cut all the piece and assemble them.

10 days to built and 24 hours for draw it Very Happy

the model is 1.10 scale and reproduction of models are my hobby and some times a work if the administrator of the web site think the are not good for the tread i'm sorry, delete them, also i'm sorry for my bad english Confused
croky_b
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

verry nice work ....
i have the same hobby
http://www.vintage-rc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4161&start=0
airship

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi croky
very nice website... !!! where did you find lexan for body? i've seen the 2 buggy you've formed and i'm still restore a coyote4x4 is an old my rc car.

you are french?! my brother live in paris even if is italian Very Happy
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
felixx
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very nice and clean table. Did you stain and shellac or just shellac it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks felix

on the wood i've done both of them you mentioned

just for update this built...

yesterday i've pull some piece for my rc models, i've used 1mm thich petg! it is a really grat product... form well and instead pvc i've used is a pleasure to form...

also... some time i've found webbing problems, i've solved it by lowering the pull of the shop vac cleaner and by apply the correct open/close cycle to the vacuum tank pull

i'll post some photo... first i've drow the 3d model , after whit my little and home made cnc machine i've done the master... and after again into the vacuum forming...

i't is a strange product Embarassed i've done a roof tents for my rc offroad cars

ops! i've edited the photo whit my shop logo and i dont know if is correct...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: