www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
A New Large Custom Oven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpmurray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: A New Large Custom Oven Reply with quote

I just completed a large oven for vacuum forming. The base is 33.25" x 29.25". The forming size is 30.25" by 26.25". I placed sheet metal on the Hardibacker board (nasty dust - wore a mask). My theory is it will reflect some heat, plus protect the board from potential wear or cracking. Another modification is the ceramic donuts. These are expensive at infrared heaters, so I searched all over. Couldn't find jewelry beads large enough. I finally discovered these. The opening is just the right diameter, although the outside diameter is very large (1.75"). These are actually for use with electric fences. I found mine at a Farm & Ranch Store. At $3.99 for a pack of 10, the price is right.

Overall, I couldn't have completed this oven without this TK560 website, it's host, and Crashmann. Your pioneering efforts and generous advice have been awesome, especially the electrical. THANKS GUYS! Very Happy

I can't figure out how to insert an image of this oven with the menu. Question Any help - and I'll add.

[img][/img]

Last edited by mpmurray on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
crashmann
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Another oven lights up the night! And it's huge!

Good call on the electric fence donuts. I hadn't even thought about those as an option!

To post pictures to the board, you need to store them somewhere on the web (either a photo hosting site like snapfish, yahoo, ophoto, village photo, photo bucket, or webspace from your ISP) I registered the domain name "tk386" and pay less than $4.00 per month for 10GB of webspace with http://www.ixwebhosting.com. I created a folder called "remotepix/tk560" After uploading the photo, I can view it using the following address:
http://www.tk386.com/remotepix/tk560/DSC_4741_bucks_on_the_table.jpg

Once you've got the photo uploaded, view it with your web browser. Right click on the photo and choose "Copy image location" or "Copy shortcut"

Come here to the discussion board and type up your message and use the special "BBCode" to insert your photo:
[img]right click and paste the URL for the photo[/img]

Make sure it's working by clicking the "Preview" button below.

Let's see some pictures of Gigantor!

Charlie
TI-386
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: