www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Just started a topic on just Jeeps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Just started a topic on just Jeeps Reply with quote

I know, what is this, a specific board just for Jeeps? Well, let me tell you, I got inspired to make something for my 2001 Jeep Wrangler 'TJ' Sport, after reading this thread on another board:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/safari-cab-custom-hardtop-project-952157/ Basically this guy made a really cool modular fiberglass top for his Jeep, and I thought, I might try it too! Or, at least something I could make for my Jeep.

Sooo... I thought it would be a good idea to peel this notion out into it's own thread. There are a number of vac formers here that make stuff for autos, so please feel free to contribute too, but for me, it's about Jeeps.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you finally got a Jeep. Does your have the little half doors or the full ones? If it has the half doors and you decide to go the route he has, with the stepped hardtop, they make a kit for those half doors that has sliding windows, like an old Land Rover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Clint!

Yea, it was years coming. LOL. Red, with a tan top, and yes, it has those 1/2 doors. I'm thinking about making some semi-hard sides for the back, sides, and 1/2 door replacements. I think I can do this, but may require a larger vac-table, not sure yet. I also am thinking it might cut down on the wind noise.

Fun stuff! How have you been?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm doing pretty good. I have a new job, which is closer to home, pays better, and is a much more professional environment.

I'd like to see this Jeep someday. My dad actually wound up getting a set of those Land Rover type windows for his Jeep and even they helped with wind noise some. So I'd imagine a top, back and side-pieces, and doors would help a lot.

Me, I'd like to find a cheap Jeep and create my own version of the old Scrambler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the new gig is working out better for you. Thats great news!

Yea, we need to get together soon, and do something. Maybe concept out some parts? LOL.

Glad to hear from ya!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> All Things Jeep All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: