www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
New Gunsafe Upgrade... WOOT!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: New Gunsafe Upgrade... WOOT!! Reply with quote

I just scored a couple new Liberty gunsafes on sale for $1,899.00 at Coastal Farm & Supply last weekend. This is a MASSIVE upgrade in the security of my firearms collection and ammo cache... I had to remove part of the wall to get the new safe in place, that's why there's still sheetrock dust on the floor.

Here's my old setup... The guns are growing in number and getting harder to keep from rubbing and scratching against one another. FYI- each one of those ammo cans on the shelves has anywhere from 960-1350 rounds depending on caliber.. and yes, that's a couple of vintage (de-activated) Sterling SMG's in front on the floor Wink:

New setup... ALL weapons (20 long guns and 6 handguns) and my ammo cache are now safely stowed and SECURED:

And this one is bolted down in the end of my bedroom closet so I can have my Mossberg-500, passports, jewelry, blank checks, (etc.) secured in the house instead of out in the workshop:

That old brown "safe" in the first photo cost me $50 off Craig's List, and saved my guns from being stolen a couple years back when we suffered a chicken-sheit smash-n-grab when we stepped out to go to the river on a hot day. Even with an alarm system it still takes the police around 5-10 minutes to arrive and in that time a lot of small "pocket stuffer" items can be boosted with a clean get-away. GET A GUNSAFE... anything that's failry strong can make ALL the difference!!

Last edited by Stomper on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that made an impressive difference! Any tips on selecting a good gun safe?
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Features, construction, fireproofing, finish, etc.... all of it is subjective.

2. Do plenty of research, and look for reviews and tesitmony (YouTube is a good place for that).

3. Stay with the reputable makers, USA made will be better.

4. Get the biggest safe you can afford. (Your collection will ALWAYS grow)

5. Bolt that sucker to the floor!

Hope that helps!
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good looking safe. Heard a lot of good things about Liberty safes. Been thinking of getting one for the house. Maybe even 2, and do what you did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say, I absolutely love having that Liberty Fatboy out in the workshop! When I get done with a few other things first, I'll frame in a set of security-grade locking double doors for even more deterrence, and to keep that alcove area a "clean room" for my outdoor gear.
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomper wrote:
4. Get the biggest safe you can afford. (Your collection will ALWAYS grow)

Uhhhggghhh... Sage advise. I'm getting to the point of having to get another safe to store the ammo in... both sides keep getting stuffed with more and more "things". Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Weapons Locker All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: