www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Quartz Heater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panhandle_shovelheadrider
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Quartz Heater Reply with quote

I have a 1000 Watt Twin Lamp Halogen Shop Light and it puts out a lot of heat.A lot of thermoformers are using quartz for production because of cost and the wave like heats plastic well.I am going to build a 2x2 and see how it works.
Fredo
Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been gone a long time... Are you still using the other formers you made... Are you planing on a flip flop type?... Despite it's detractors, that type of vacuum former can deliver..
I added a rotating frame when I built my little 12"x12" [it's in the gallery if you missed it].. The rotating frame lets me do up to .250 abs just by turning the frame for even heating... It only takes a couple seconds to turn the frame.... Another advantage is that it can be a quick change set up, if you have more than one frame... With a helper to change the plastic, you would have a fairly fast production time.... Anxious to see what you have in mind, although I think you may not have enough heat for a 2x2...
jdougn
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Quartz Heater Reply with quote

panhandle_shovelheadrider wrote:
I have a 1000 Watt Twin Lamp Halogen Shop Light and it puts out a lot of heat.A lot of thermoformers are using quartz for production because of cost and the wave like heats plastic well.I am going to build a 2x2 and see how it works.

Looking forward to seeing how the oven design works out for you.
dn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Vacuum Forming & General Stuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: