www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Israel Franco's Trooper Templates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Imperial-Armor.Com Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone!! i dont understand yet the water stuff someone might explain to me about that
thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Armour Downunder
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled a 3 litre plastic container with water, attached a 2.5 meter piece of clear plastic hose with a 1" inside diameter into the bottle so it went right down into the bottle just off the bottom and made sure it was sealed nice & tight. Then attached the vacuum cleaner hose to the other end of the clear hose, once again making a tight seal. Make sure the clear hose is held at least 2 meters high and turn on the vacuum cleaner ( or vacuum pump ) Take note of how high the water is sucked up the clear hose and measure the distance. ( 13.6" H2O = 1" HG ) Be sure to keep your hands close so if the hose is not high enough and the water starts to draw toward the vacuum sorce you can pull out the vacuum hose to stop water getting into the vacuum claener, that won't go down at all well with the boss. Thats all there is to it, and after all that you get to know how much your vacuum system sucks Smile
I hope this has been a help to you.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info! Thanks for sharing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

tanks for the information is very clear to me now he he he, and the only propuse of the water is to know how much is the power of the vacuum system or for a something else? because i have an idea if i seal a container then fill with water and suck it whit the vacuum system maybe a vacuum pump and when the water come out, seal again before the container suck any air or the water com in again, that produce some kind of empty inside right? then use this empty to produce a little more vacuum power... is just an idea he he he, maybe dont work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: grafic idea Reply with quote

hi again i think I could not explain the idea with word so better I did a scheme to see if I explain myself better and sorry for my bad english he he he..... Laughing

ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea for creating vacuum Israel.

Have you attempted this yet,I'm intrigued!!!

-Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet my friend paul Very Happy is just an idea but maybe i try it latter, first i have to finish and resolve the ovens problem Wink
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clever! I would love to know how it functions!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Stomper
Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... You are a VERY clever person and I'm not trying to be negative, but I use vacuum pumps in my profession and I think you are actually going to make more work for yourself with that method.

You would need to use a water pump, not a vacuum pump to remove the water from the vessel. It would indeed create a vacuum, but it would have to be a great deal of water for "volume" then drawing the "mak-up air" from a much smaller space to create usable vacuum. In essence your vessel would become the"vacuum pump".

Once the water was emptied from the vessel, a water pump wouldn't do you much good as they aren't intended to suck air. At the vessel's "empty stage" the water pump either wouldn't work at all, or you would burn up the pump with prolonged use.

Water (I'll call it "moisture" for this explanation) exists in three forms; Ice (solid), liquid (duh), and vapor (steam). Moisture in it's solid form isn't an issue for us here, but liquid and vapor are!

If you use a true vacuum pump, any moisture inside your vessel will literally boil off into vapor as you lower the pressure via creating a vacuum inside the vessel, this vapor is removed via the vacuum pump, the less moisture in your vessel, the greater your vacuum will be. This is where you really want to be as you would have a reservoir of established, usable "hi-vacuum" to use to make your pull.

IMO, you would be better off in the long run to just use a shop-vac and save up for a hi-vac (a.k.a. deep vacuum) pump, although I hope you can prove me wrong! Wink
suthernlimelight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: oh my goodness!!! Reply with quote

i have been struggling for weeks to get these darn hand molds right going off just eye measruements, nothing written down, just relaying what i see and making it out of pine (tip dont use pine!!) this helps me sooooooo much cant say how much. thanks for the templates.....will definitely come in handy!!!! im gonna go get a start on them molds now Smile
theta03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the templates and they are very confusing to me
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what templetes confuse you? the armor pieces templetes or the idea for a vacuum sistem if is the vacuum forget it was only a dumb idea ha ha ha
theta03

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ones for the armor mesurments
Israel franco
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be i can help you tellme yours cuestions and i try to explain you Very Happy
theta03

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well one of the questions is well the mesurments work for all people because I am kind of short so I do not know if that would be the best size for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Imperial-Armor.Com Q&A All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: