www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Trooper Backplate - help pls with the profile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Imperial-Armor.Com Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaxmyth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Trooper Backplate - help pls with the profile Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm after some help with the trooper backplate I've got under construction.

I've used the templates from this site (Thanks!) but I'm having difficulty visualising the 'swoop' from the rim of the box on the back to the neck, and to the lower part of the back.

I've looked at heaps of pics online and they only make me more confused.

Basically what I am begging for is some photos of a backplate, preferably from some distance away to lessen parallax errors, so I can make a cardboard template of the side view.

Also, if it's possible, a shot of the backplate as would be seen from above and behind the wearer, to give me an idea of the shape of the back of the neck cutout.

I've made a couple of posts on the RPF and Outpost 42, but no luck so far.

Hope you can help. Smile

Regards, Phil

ps - we're just starting winter down here, so I guess you all are starting to get all frisky with springtime, eh? Very Happy
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take some pics of mine for you Phil when the batteries charge up for the camera.Give me your email address and I'll send them to you.

-Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blaxmyth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Paul. I took 160 screen caps from A New Hope last night and I'm studying them at the moment. It seems as if the back plate is a comparatively 'flat' item compared to the chest plate - fairly low relief in comparison. I'm guessing it'll only sit up about 10 cm off the platen instead of the 14 or so I've been working on?

My email address is Blaxmyth@gmail.com - that's the one I use for big pics.

Regards and thanks very much.

Phil

ANH trooper wrote:
I'll take some pics of mine for you Phil when the batteries charge up for the camera.Give me your email address and I'll send them to you.

-Paul.
ANH trooper
Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

My missus is visiting relatives and has taken my camera with her so it will be a few days at least before I can send you the pics.I knew I should have loaded them onto my comp last night Mad

You are right though,the back plate is quite flat with only a slight curve.I have measured mine and it stands 10 cm tall.

I am sending you a pic with measurements on though Phil,so it should help you alot Very Happy .

-Paul.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blaxmyth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much indeed, Paul.

There's no hurry - I've got to spend a few days planning next terms lessons, so will have plenty to keep me busy.

Cheers, Phil

ANH trooper wrote:
Phil,

My missus is visiting relatives and has taken my camera with her so it will be a few days at least before I can send you the pics.I knew I should have loaded them onto my comp last night Mad

You are right though,the back plate is quite flat with only a slight curve.I have measured mine and it stands 10 cm tall.

I am sending you a pic with measurements on though Phil,so it should help you alot Very Happy .

-Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Imperial-Armor.Com Q&A All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: