www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
My Greedo Killer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: My Greedo Killer Reply with quote

Hey all. I figured for my first post I'd show y'all the Blastech DL-44 "Greedo Killer" I put together. It's built off an old toy Mauser I'd bought probably 15 years ago. While it's not really movie accurate, it suits my needs.

Last edited by Clint F. on Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mighty nice! Tell us how you did it? Any construction pics? What was it originally? A toy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks.
Well, it started out as a toy, which I bought some 15 years ago. It originally was molded in, of all colors, lime green. The coat of black paint I applied soon after buying it fixed that though. The magazine, and grip were both a little too short, so they were built up with bondo. The original triggerguard was the wrong shape, so I made a new one from sheet metal that was slightly more realistic. The flash hider was made from a short length of PVC pipe and a section of an oil funnel. Later I added several short strips of balsa wood to the flash hider for detail. The scope mount was made from styrene, and the scope is an old Tasco .22 scope. The scope and mount can both be removed in case I find a better looking scope. I only took 1 construction pic, but it shows all the areas I had to bondo and the unpainted flash hider.

At the time this picture was taken, I had not yet applied the wood strips to the flash hider. It's still a bit of a work in progress, since I need to add some more details to it.

Last edited by Clint F. on Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Stuff. I think I'm going to try my had at making one from scratch as soon as I get some free time. I guess I need to start tracking down some blueprints, etc.

Better yet, track down an old rusty C-96 Broomhandle Mauser, and convert it!

Did you add any weights to the toy to give it a more realistic feel?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yeah a real firing Mauser would be great. A few years ago I found one that would have been perfect, it was no longer rusty, but you could tell it had once been.
I haven't added weights yet, but I will soon. I'd also installed a removable floorplate to the magazine just for that reason.
Armour Downunder
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I might as well throw in a pic of my Greedo Killer.
Its a replica Mauser with lathed aluminium scope and flash supressor. This is an older picture and it now has a real scope.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/armourdownunder/100_1198.jpg
Clint F.
Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That looks great. Sure beats my one I put together from scrap, lol.
Armour Downunder
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon there would be more satisfaction building one up from scratch, so don’t sell yourself short on that count. But I ended up being satisfied enough just getting it into the country. You would not believe what we have to go through to get guns into Oz. Even a solid alloy one which can’t possibly be made to fire. Rolling Eyes
I was lucky enough to have a mate who works with metal and is also into making props so he did the scope & supressor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Costumes & Equipment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: