www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
Update 13 June 06

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Update 13 June 06 Reply with quote

Hello Troopers!

Well, its been a few weeks since our last update, so I wanted to bring everyone up to speed on what's been going on.

Summer time is here, and many folks have been busy with vacation, and other projects. Me too. I know Herb just got back from a European trip, and it sounds like he had a ball! I think Tony said he was traveling as well. Lance is busy with his band, and we all need to spend some time at the lake, beach, or pool!

In other news, Clint Fultner's trooper armor is on hold until some funds become available, so when that happens, I'll have an announcement on the details. It also appears we may have one or two local folks interested in the project. More details as I learn them.

There are two filming projects I want to get done this Summer, one involves Lance's boat, and a lake, and the other is a day trip to Hugh Springs, Texas, to the 'fortress ruins'. More details as I get them, but I think we can accomplish a few of the script shots in these two locations. Herb wants to shoot a 3 minute version of the script, sort of a 'Teaser'. I think thats a great idea.

In other news, TKBIG wanted me to invite you to a new Star Wars costume club. It's just getting started. Called The Imperial Remnants, this club is made up of 501st, and Rebel Legion costume fans. Even if you are not a member in these clubs, thats not a problem as long as you have a good looking costume. You can learn more by visiting www.theimperialremnant.com .

The Lewis Gun project is nearing the mold making phase. The master is 90% done, with only some minor tweaks, and it will be ready to go. Also, I'm working on the master mold for the Rebel Fleet Trooper blaster. Speaking of RFTs, it looks like Sportsman's Guide no longer stocks any of the East German Boots. You may still be able to order them from their printed HQ catalog, but they can not be found on their site any more. Bad news if you were planning to do a Rebel X-wing, or RFT trooper, TIE fighter, Imperial Officer, or even the Cantina Band creatures. I'm working on a plan 'B' for the boots.

We need to plan another production meeting sometime in the next few weeks. This weekend, is bad for me, and the weekend of the 24-25 is out as well. Then the July 4th weekend is on us. Our next opportunity will be some time in July.

After I finish the last of my 'secret projects' over the next couple of weeks, I'll be back into full bore on the project, with the track and dolly camera rig being top on my list. Anyone interested in helping me out on that, let me know. Storyboards need to be done, and we should start looking into some 1/6th scale miniatures for some of the shots.

Still a lot of work to do before we are ready to do any of the filming. I hope everyone is having a great start to the Summer!

Jim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Fan Film Productions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: