www.TK560.com Forum Index www.TK560.com
Vacuum Forming, Movie Prop, Sci-fi and GIjOE Forum

Profile  Search  Memberlist  FAQ  Usergroups
DIY Star Trek TNG Props

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heghduq

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: DIY Star Trek TNG Props Reply with quote

Greetings

Being a Star Wars Star Trek fan for many years I always like the gadgets from both. My dilema is I have been surfing the web for quite some time looking for anything on DIY props and this site has a wealth of information. especially the PVC tutorials. I have an idea but need some help I want to make a STTNG phaser rifle and resin would not work. I want to place a ST phaser sound board together with Lazertag components. I found the plans to build the lasertag electronics. what I need is the ability to use local materials to make the TNG First Contact phaser rifle to put the electronics into. I found a resin kit on line for $200.00 and that is out of my price range right now. I don't have a big budget infact I have a very small budget and no place to do Vacu-forming. I am part of a Star Trek fan club "Marine branch" and the lasertag is part of the training and a whole lot of fun. The problem is that the Lasertag guns on the market now don't really fit with the Star Trek style. I am working on a style that would be exclusive to the SFMC that is a bit more combat oriented.
I have been looking for about two years now for anything but all I found are personal collections and places to buy resin kits or original props for $3000 plus. Most of my crew have little or no money to pool for such an expensive item If we could find an inexpensive alternative we would be most greatful.
jegner
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check out the ASAP http://pub23.ezboard.com/bpropreplicas . You have to be a member, but signing up is no big deal. Lots of TNG Trek stuff being done over there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
heghduq

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thanks I'll check it out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.TK560.com Forum Index -> Star Trek Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: